Accounting Career Opportunities
Build Your Professional Accounting Career at the OSC
Career Opportunities available across multiple OSC departments and multiple levels of experience
Full-time permanent & contract positions
At the Ontario Securities Commission (OSC), we are operating in a fast-paced environment to meet a changing marketplace that requires new ways of thinking and new approaches. The challenge to keep pace with financial innovation, new technologies and emerging issues means every day is an interesting day. As a member of our dynamic teams of professionals, you will enhance your ability to interpret and apply securities law and regulatory oversight to complex investor protection and capital markets issues. The work we do has a meaningful impact on investors and on the efficient operation of the capital markets. Learn more about the OSC mandate.
What we do makes a difference. We deliver strong investor protection and foster confidence in the capital markets. Learn more about the OSC by visiting our careers site.
If you are the type of person who:
- is passionate about having a meaningful impact on investors and participants in Ontario’s capital markets
- desires the opportunity to take on unique and challenging work and
- enjoys being part of a dynamic team of professionals and collaborating with subject-matter experts
If you have:
- a CPA designation in good standing in Ontario
- comprehensive knowledge of IFRS and working knowledge of U.S. GAAP
- a good understanding of the securities, investment management, or the financial industry
- demonstrated proficiency in balancing regulatory objectives with practical business considerations
- demonstrated ability to analyze complex problems and develop creative recommendations
- the ability to communicate ideas clearly and concisely and
- demonstrated ability to establish collaborative working relationships and engage with internal and external stakeholders
Join the OSC team to shape your career as a CPA!
Career Opportunities are currently available in the following departments, however not limited to:
- Compliance and Registrant Regulation
- Corporate Finance
- Investment Funds & Structured Products
The work of each department varies in their collective effort to advance the OSC’s mandate. Learn more about department mandates.
Your work might include the following:
- Reviewing the operations of registrants using a risk-based approach and working with registrants to assess corrective action as required.
- Assist in the yearly participation fee cycle, participate in the review of internal controls over financial reporting, provide advice regarding firm capital and IFRS requirements, and identify high risk firms using financial statement-based assessment.
- Reviewing prospectuses, exempt market activities, and continuous disclosure filings by public companies and investment fund issuers, considering applications for discretionary relief, and developing stakeholder relationships with their advisors and counsel.
- Conducting targeted reviews to identify and assess operational and investment management issues of investment fund and structured products.
- Participating in or leading policy or legislative initiatives, including providing support and advice on complex projects that involve consulting with and balance the views of internal/external stakeholders.
Apply online at http://www.osc.gov.on.ca/en/careers.htm, by Monday, December 24, 2018.
We thank all applicants for their interest in the Ontario Securities Commission. We will contact those selected for an interview.
The OSC is committed to providing an inclusive workplace environment that meets the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities. Please go to Accessibility at the OSC to review the OSC’s policies on accessibility and accommodation in the workplace.