Compensation Advisor - Human Resources
- Syncrude Canada
- Fort McMurray
- Job Industry
- Oil & Gas/Mining Exploration and Development
- Job Category
- Accounting and Finance
- Job Type
Syncrude Canada Limited Ltd.'s Compensation & Benefits Department is currently seeking an experienced candidate to join our team of compensation analysts. Working in partnership with the leader and team, the candidate will be responsible for the implementation of a wide variety of corporate compensation programs and policies. This is a full-time permanent position located in Fort McMurray.
- Support Business Line HR and other internal stakeholders on matters related to Compensation and the interpretation of pay programs
- Completion of bench-marking and survey assessments
- Execution of annual pay program activities, including all merit planning and change management and controls
- Support the administration of incentive compensation programs
- Lead the annual promotion and advancement process, including all planning, implementation of changes, and interfaces with key internal stakeholders
- Lead reviews of position (re)evaluation, including interfaces with Business Line HR, and line management as required
- Provide analytics to support the design and development of Syncrude’s pay programs and communication plans
- Represent Syncrude in external industry groups
Education and Experience
- University degree in Business
- 5 years’ experience in Human Resources roles, including at least 3 years in Compensation administration and support.
- Certified Compensation Professional or additional experience in Human Resources or Accounting roles is considered an asset
Skills and Abilities
- Analytical orientation with strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational and time management skills to address heavy peak period work activities
- Highly developed Excel skills and aptitude to learn systems
- Effectively articulate complex and sensitive compensation matters at all levels in the organization with tact and diplomacy
- Ability to assess and report on various pay programs to more senior levels
- Ability to plan, coordinate, monitor, and direct complex activities
- Initiates continuous learning and proactively monitors and brings forward emerging issues in the internal and external environments as it relates to Compensation
What We Offer
- Highly competitive base salaries
- Flexible benefit plan options
- Company matched saving program
- Defined benefit & company matched defined contribution pension plans
- Employee development
- Generous paid time off
Who We Are
There’s a certain something about the Syncrude culture that sets us apart. It’s an energy and collective spirit, a commitment to do better and having the heart to be industry leaders and leaders in our communities. We call it our Syncrude Side. Join us, and we’ll help you discover yours.
Syncrude is situated in the heart of the Boreal Forest and is proud to call Fort McMurray home. Our community offers the amenities of city living along with world class recreational amenities and outdoor pursuits. Pursue your goals by exploring the many exciting career opportunities with Syncrude.
We thank everyone who applied, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted directly.
Candidates applying for these positions must be eligible to permanently work in Canada or presently have the required approvals to work permanently in Canada.
This posting will close once the position is filled.
To assist us in our assessment, please attach your resume when you apply on-line.
The primary location is Alberta.
Primary Location Fort McMurray
More search results
Accountant, Investment Finance
Alberta Investment Management Corporation - 360578
Immigrant Services Calgary - Volunteer Board Memb…
Immigrant Services Calgary
Financial Systems Analyst
Workers' Compensation Board- Alberta
Operations Accounting Manager
Recruitment Partners Inc.
Recruitment Partners Inc.