- The City of Calgary
- Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- $37.58 - 50.23 per hour
- Job Industry
- Government/Public Administration
- Job Category
- Accounting and Finance
- Job Type
If you are committed to public service, enjoy collaborating with others, share our values have a desire to learn and grow, join The City of Calgary. City employees operate the facilities, deliver the services and run the programs which make a difference in our community. We support work-life balance and offer competitive wages, pension and benefits. Together we make Calgary a great place to make a living, a great place to make a life.
As a Capital Accountant, you will be responsible for the integrity of the Tangible Capital Asset (TCA) information in The City’s financial ledgers. You will work with operations and financial stakeholders to gather and document Tangible Capital Asset (TCA) events, consultative/support requirements and perform quality control on TCA transactions. Primary duties include:
- Identify TCA events and set up management and tracking of transactions in the PeopleSoft Project Costing and Asset Management modules.
- Work with Project Managers or their designates to build relationships with them to ensure they are informed on TCA reporting requirements and report TCA in a timely manner.
- Apply quality control measures and risk analysis to TCA events for adherence to TCA policies and procedures as well as ensuring alignment with corporate direction.
- Complete working papers and related financial transactions to report TCAs for periodic and year-end financial reporting.
- Ensure knowledge and information management by maintaining process and documentation files, generating reports, and training on TCA reporting requirements.
- Provide PeopleSoft Project Costing and Asset Management module “Super User” support to stakeholders.
- Ensure the integrity of PeopleSoft Project Costing and Asset Management modules.
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation with a minimum of 3 years of experience within a large complex corporation.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office Excel is required.
- Preference will be given to those with a minimum of 3 years of capital accounting experience.
- PeopleSoft Financials and Supply Chain Management (FSCM) experience is preferred.
- Creative analytical abilities, good interpersonal skills and the ability to make sound professional judgments.
- Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
Union: CUPE Local 38
Business Unit: Finance
Position Type: Permanent
Location: 800 Macleod Trail S.E.
Compensation: Pay Grade 10 $37.58 - 50.23 per hour (2017 Rates)
Days of Work: This position works a 5 day
work week with one day off in a 3 week cycle.
Hours of work: Standard 35 hour work week
Apply By: December 13, 2018
Job ID #: 301516
More search results
Accountant, Investment Finance
Alberta Investment Management Corporation - 360578
Immigrant Services Calgary - Volunteer Board Memb…
Immigrant Services Calgary
Financial Systems Analyst
Workers' Compensation Board- Alberta
Operations Accounting Manager
Recruitment Partners Inc.
Recruitment Partners Inc.