- BJ Electric Supplies Ltd.
- Job Industry
- Retail trade
- Job Category
- Accounting and Finance
- Job Type
An Edmonton based electrical supply company is looking for a CFO for its management team.
The CFO will have oversight of the accounting function of the company in areas such as payroll, accounts receivable, accounts payable, and inventory.
In addition, the CFO will play an active role in the following areas:
- Assist in formulating the company’s future direction and supporting tactical initiatives.
- Monitor and direct the implementation of strategic business plans
- Manage the acquisition of capital assets and the budgeting process
- Develop performance measures that support the company’s strategic direction
- Participate in key decisions as a member of the management team
- Manage the year end reporting for the bank and external accountants
- Oversee the company’s transaction process system
- Oversee employee benefit plans
- Monitor cash balances and forecasts, arrange for debt financing if applicable, and maintain banking relationships
- Understand and mitigate key elements of the company’s risk profile
- Monitor open legal issues involving the company and legal issues affecting the industry
- Construct and monitor control systems
- Maintain appropriate insurance coverage
- Ensure that the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements
The CFO will report directly to the CEO.
The position offers a competitive package including benefits.
Applicants should have a Canadian CPA designation with a minimum of five years experience. Applicants are asked to provide their salary expectations.