Manager, Internal Audit - Data Analytics
The Manager, Internal Audit-Data Analytics (MIA-DA) reports to the Senior Manager, Internal Audit (SMIA) to support the mandate of delivering on the responsibilities of the Internal Audit Department Charter as approved by the Audit Committee of the AIMCo Board of Directors.
More particularly, the position has the responsibility of advancing the Audit & Assurance Data Analytics strategy, by establishing and building the Internal Audit Group (IAG) data analytics function and defining clear objectives and targets to realize greater value from the use of data analytics linked to both AIMCo’s corporate strategy as well as the IAG strategy. This position is an enabler of IAG key strategic initiatives which include evolving and enhancing Internal Audit’s use of data driven risk-based audit planning, execution, and audit reporting. in accordance with International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing, accepted industry practices or other commonly accepted practices that exceed the mandatory requirements or standards of the profession.
Responsibilities will include:
1) Data Analytics & Intelligence
- Develop and promote a clear vision to improve data literacy and shape the implementation and use of data analytics methods and tools across the IAG;
- Ensuring that the vision and objectives set out in the audit data analytics strategy are widely understood within the IAG;
- Identifying and implementing strategic priorities aimed at achieving IAG objectives relating to the use of data analytics in conducting internal audits and assurance services.
2) Data Driven Risk-Based Audit Coverage
- Maintaining a comprehensive understanding of AIMCo’s systems, structures and operations allowing for, after consulting with SIMA and VPIA, the development and execution of an adaptive risk-based internal audit plan;
- Working with and analyzing complex data from various sources; navigating a variety of servers, data types, and data structures; and developing custom analytics for operational and technology audits; to integrate data analytics capabilities into existing IAG processes;
- Providing oversight and leadership towards embedding data analytics into full cycle auditing including: strategic planning; audit engagement’s planning; fieldwork, identification, development and documentation of audit issues; recommendations; and their reporting.
3) Stakeholder and Business Partner Collaboration & Engagement
- Establishing effective communications and coordination of audit activities with senior levels of management, internal stakeholders at all levels and external parties, including external auditors, and consultants;
- Developing business relationships with AIMCo’s data analytics service providers;
- Drawing on and harnessing AIMCo data analytics and data science expertise, and acting as the primary source of advice and expertise for IAG by acting as a conduit between the business leaders and IAG.
4) Resource Management & Oversight
- Managing the contractual relationship with SMEs across assigned audits, including drafting, negotiating, and administering contracts;
- Managing scope and budget of SME assigned activities, monitoring the timeliness and quality of SME deliverables, and managing and following-up on SME audit queries;
- Accountability for completing the assigned portion of the annual audit plan according to the resource allocations, budget constraints (hours), and within the timelines determined by the Internal Audit Schedule.
5) Talent Development, Mentoring and Coaching
- Coaching, mentoring, developing and providing feedback to staff at all levels within IAG, building a culture of innovation, collaboration, knowledge sharing and mutual development; and
- Assisting in the SMIA in the development of other team member’s (i.e. new and/or less experienced team members) understanding of AIMCo Internal Audit Department processes, standards, methodology, and practices, and knowledge of AIMCo corporate and business unit processes.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Undergraduate degree in management or related field with professional auditing or risk management designation (one or more of the following: CPA, CA, CIA, CISA, CISSP, CRISC).
- 5 or more years of internal audit and data analytics experience including a proficiency in auditing principles and techniques.
- Strong audit project management knowledge and skills including a demonstrated capability to lead and implement complex audit projects;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex issues simply, clearly, concisely, and effectively in different forums, including translating technical information for non-technical audiences;
- Has an understanding of International and Canadian Auditing Standards in the investment; industry, pension industry and/or related industries;
- Excellent data analytics skills, including familiarity with various data analytic technologies (Alteryx, BOARD, Domo, Dundas, GoodData, IBM, Microsoft, MicroStrategy, Oracle, Qlik, SAP, SAS, Tableau, TIBCO, Yellowfin, PowerBI, ACL, etc.);
- Someone that can see through to the root cause of audit observations be able to describe the risk and make recommendations that will reduce the residual risk to an acceptable level;
- Someone able to relate comfortably with others within the organization at all various levels including Executive Committee members;
- Demonstrated leadership experience with the ability to create an inclusive work environment, motivate/inspire staff to a high performing culture that has a forward thinking management practices.
NOTE: Candidates will be asked to undergo a security screening, which includes a credit bureau and a criminal record investigation, the results of which must be acceptable to AIMCo.
Follow AIMCo on LinkedIn for company updates and investment highlights.
We thank all applicants in advance; however, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
For more information and to apply, visit the careers section of AIMCo's website at www.aimco.alberta.ca
More search results
Accountant, Investment Finance
Alberta Investment Management Corporation - 360578
Immigrant Services Calgary - Volunteer Board Memb…
Immigrant Services Calgary
Financial Systems Analyst
Workers' Compensation Board- Alberta
Operations Accounting Manager
Recruitment Partners Inc.
Recruitment Partners Inc.