Bow Valley College is the largest and fastest growing Comprehensive Community College in Alberta. Our mission is to contribute to the vitality of communities and strength of the economy through innovative adult education programs and services which equip students for successful living, lifelong learning, and employment in a global knowledge-based environment.
Why work at Bow Valley College? We have recently been named one of Alberta's Top 70 Employers for 2018. Bow Valley College is made up of employees who are committed to our learners´ success, as well as each other´s. Our staff and faculty consistently say it is the people who keep them at the College, the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of our students, and the incredible support they receive from their co-workers and supervisors.
Our Business Information and Finance team has an exciting opportunity for a Finance Business Partner.
The Finance Business Partner will be responsible for providing high quality strategic budget, forecasting, planning and advisory support to a portfolio of clients. These services are expected to be delivered with consideration of the clients' long term objectives in relation to teaching, learning, applied research and service. The services are to be delivered in close consultation with senior leadership, deans, directors, coordinators and staff while using comprehensive finance, accounting and budgeting knowledge. The incumbent is expected to develop strong relationships with clients by providing a consistent quality of service that aligns with the client's strategic objectives while being in compliance with policy, process and legislation.
- Bachelor’s Degree – Business Administration or equivalent education and/or experience may be considered
- 5 years of direct financial analysis experience at progressively more senior level
- Excellent communicator with strong written and verbal skills
- Accounting designation CPA-CA, CPA-CMA, CPA-CGA and/or MBA is preferred
- Technical role in finance including interfaces with all levels of stakeholders and supervisory experience
- Experience in business plan development
- Experience in post-secondary institutions is an asset
- Strong interpersonal skills and capable of building and maintaining productive and supportive working relationships
- Proficient user of computer software applications
- An equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired will be considered
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Extensive work experience in various accounting functions including budget, forecasting and financial analysis (5 plus years)
- Advanced technical skills with regard to integrated financial applications
- Highly proficient in financial modeling.
This is a full-time, continuous position.
Please note that all successful candidates will be required to provide government issued identification and proof of educational qualifications upon hire and may be required to provide an enhanced police information check.