Senior Financial Analyst
Cona is a Calgary, Alberta-based Canadian crude oil production and development company focused on maximizing oil recovery from its low decline, high free cash flow oil resource base. Cona’s operations, infrastructure and concentrated land position are focused in southwest Saskatchewan.
Cona is presently seeking an experienced full-time Senior Financial Analyst for our Calgary office. Reporting to our Controller, the successful candidate will work in a fast paced, detail-oriented environment and will be responsible for the preparation and reporting of financial results to executive management, the Board of Directors and other external parties.
Core areas of responsibility will be:
- Manage reporting timelines and requirements
- Prepare monthly reporting package including comparison of current month and year to date results to budget
- Prepare consolidated financial statements
- Perform complex calculations, including: mark-to-market of derivative contracts; asset retirement obligations; depletion, depreciation and amortization; impairment assessment; share based compensation; deferred income taxes
- Prepare monthly binder containing supporting schedules and analysis
- Prepare analysis, presentations and other information for the audit committee
- Prepare annual tax returns
- Assist with other external reporting requirements when required
Accounting policies and procedures
- Manage Cona’s accounting policies and procedures
- Research technical accounting issues as required
- Implement internal controls within the financial reporting function
- Assist in improving Cona’s financial close process
- Communicate with Cona employees (financial and non-financial) regarding issues related to financial reporting and accounting policies and procedures
- Communicate accounting policies to Cona employees
- Liaise with external auditors; coordinate and manage interim work and year-end audit
- Provide mentorship to Cona employees where applicable
- Working with the CFO, Controller and/or Treasurer on various projects
- As requested/required
- A Chartered Professional Accountant designation (CPA)
- A minimum of five years of direct experience in a similar role
- Expertise in MS Excel; experience with Qbyte would be preferred
- Exceptional communication skills (written and verbal)
Cona offers a competitive compensation package and a unique opportunity to participate in the growth of a dynamic oil and gas company.
More search results
Accountant, Investment Finance
Alberta Investment Management Corporation - 360578
Immigrant Services Calgary - Volunteer Board Memb…
Immigrant Services Calgary
Financial Systems Analyst
Workers' Compensation Board- Alberta
Operations Accounting Manager
Recruitment Partners Inc.
Recruitment Partners Inc.