The Elizabeth Fry Society of Edmonton is looking for enthusiastic and driven members to add it its Board of Directors!
Who are we?
The Elizabeth Fry Society is a non-for-profit organization that supports and empowers women and girls in our community, particularly those who have come in contact with the criminal justice system. The programs we offer are varied and include assistance navigating court procedures, housing, independent legal advice for survivors of sexual assault and employment or financial literacy classes. Our mission is to advance the dignity and worth of all women and girls who are or may be at risk of being criminalized.
Requirements of Board membership include:
- Commitment to the work of the organization
- Knowledge, skills, or experience in one or more areas that can support the organization’s mission, including expertise in areas of law, accounting, marketing, fundraising or social justice.
- Willingness to serve on committees
- Attendance at Board meetings
- Attendance at meetings of assigned committees
- Attendance at Annual General Meetings (AGM)
- Attendance at membership meetings
- Support of special events
- Support of, and participation in, fundraising events
Please email your resume or any questions you might have to Rani Berg at firstname.lastname@example.org.