Do you have a passion for accounting and finance? Are you an analytical thinker with an “eye” for detail?
If yes, come join our team! The Alberta Medical Association is recruiting for a Financial Analyst.
Why join the AMA?
At the AMA, we know that employees are fundamental to our success as an organization. We take pride in hiring client-oriented relationship builders who embrace teamwork, personal growth and development and truly want to help us succeed. As part of our “employee experience” we provide a competitive compensation package, benefits, work-life balance and development opportunities.
The finance department provides a broad range of financial services to the AMA and administered programs, including financial reporting, budget management, grant management and treasury. As part of the finance team the Financial Analyst will:
- Prepare various financial statements, reconciliations and analysis.
- Provide accounting advice to managers and directors and maintain a strong customer oriented relationship, ensuring that open and effective two-way communication exists.
- Review and approve all account payable disbursements: verify account postings for accuracy and completeness; review receipts and invoices for proper coding.
- Ensure compliance with established financial policies and procedures and answer queries.
- Provide support for internal audits.
- Maintain confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored, or accessed.
As an ideal candidate you possess the following qualifications:
Education and experience
- Diploma in accounting, finance or an equivalent discipline with a minimum of 5 years of accounting experience, preferably in a not for profit environment. Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Advanced knowledge and experience in developing and maintaining Excel spreadsheets, analyzing data, and reporting findings.
- Must have a strong background in accounting and financial reporting principles, internal controls and Canadian Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Strong background in business process analysis and requirements gathering;
- Experience with SQL ad-hoc query reporting;
- Familiarity with BI and reporting technologies, such as Cognos 8, is considered an asset;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic working environment, multi-task, judge, prioritize tasks, conduct research, and maximize use of technology in the accounting area;
- Detailed oriented with sharp analytical abilities, strong problem solving, critical thinking ability, and sound judgment;
- Able to communicate effectively in a clear and concise manner both orally and in writing;
- Strong facilitation, interpersonal, and knowledge transfer skills in order to achieve buy-in and support from stakeholders;
- Must be a self-starter and team player.
Who are we?
The AMA advances patient-centered, quality care by advocating for and supporting physician leadership and wellness. Alberta’s physicians and the AMA are committed to Patients First®. For more information on the AMA please visit our website at www.albertadoctors.org.
How to Apply:
If are interested in this role, please submit a cover letter and resume, in confidence, before 5:00 p.m. on January 7 to:
Alberta Medical Association
This position will remain open until January 7 or until a suitable candidate is selected. We thank all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.