Project Accountant Level 2
Nuna is currently seeking an experienced Project Accountant, to provide financial support to the Corporate Accounting group. Located at our office in Edmonton, this position reports directly to the Controller. The successful candidate will be responsible for: overseeing project and equipment results to ensure financial results are in accordance with US GAAP and internal policies and procedures, assisting with the corporate monthly close process, job costing, project forecasting and income statement analysis within a fast-paced environment with strict deadlines. In addition, the Project Accountant will work closely with the Controller and Operations team.
- Work closely with project management, procurement, payroll, accounts receivable and accounts payable to ensure accurate and consistent financial reporting, cost capture, revenue recognition and project billing.
- Work with project management to develop monthly project forecasts, analyze and investigate variances to budget and to prior month, and lead the presentation of monthly forecasts for senior management.
- Participate in maintenance of the financial reporting systems, including developing and improving upon custom financial reporting.
- Assist project management in the development of the annual financial budget and the semi-annual financial forecast.
- Participate in ad hoc projects analysis as necessary.
Work Experience and Qualifications:
- Minimum three years’ experience related to financial accounting or project accounting.
- Construction and/or mining accounting experience preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software (advance Excel and Word skills an asset).
- JD Edwards accounting software is a definite asset.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Related Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience related to financial accounting.
- CPA, CA, CMA, or CGA (or final year of program) preferred.
Nuna is the largest Inuit-owned heavy civil construction, earthworks and mine construction contractor in Canada. Nuna is also part of the North American Construction Group (NACG).
North American Construction Group (NACG) financials are publicly listed and are prepared in accordance with US GAAP with common shares traded on the New York stock Exchange and the Toronto Stock Exchange. NACG is a participant in the CPA Alberta Pre-Approved Program for practical experience.
This is a fulltime permanent position located in Nuna’s Edmonton Office.
We offer a competitive salary and full benefits which include extended health care coverage including vision care, dental, AD&D, short / long term disability, group life insurance and an employee & family assistance program. Nuna also contributes into a self-directed RRSP under Nuna’s plan.
Nuna is committed to the principle of employment equity. We welcome diversity and encourage all who are qualified to express their interest.
Interested applicants are asked to apply online at http://nunalogistics.com/jobs.html
We thank all who apply but only those selected for interviews will be contacted.