Director, Student Recruitment and Employer Relations
Reporting to the Senior Vice President (SVP) of Communications Recruitment, the Director, Student Recruitment and Employer Relations (formerly Director, Business Development), leads and oversees programs and initiatives to attract qualified candidates into the CPA profession, in addition to implementing initiatives to attract ACAF (Advanced Certificate in Accounting and Finance) students and employers of ACAF holders.
The department plays a key role in ensuring goals for the growth of the profession are achieved through effective promotion of the CPA designation to prospective candidates and employers. As such, a significant part of the role will be to skillfully lead initiatives that provide employers with tools, resources and knowledge they need to support their CPA candidates. The Director plays an active leadership role in the organization through participation at the Executive Management Team level and supporting organization-wide priorities and initiatives.
- Leadership of the Student Recruitment and Employer Relations team including performance management, setting team and individual goals and measurements, mentorship and support to other team members. Provide overall strategic direction in planning department activities, tools and resources.
- Meet the goals set in the Smart Growth strategy for attracting qualified individuals into the Professional Education Program (PEP) and Advanced Certificate in Accounting and Finance (ACAF) programs, and/or the prerequisite courses offered by the profession.
- Lead the development and implementation of projects and initiatives to support employers of PEP candidates in the Experience Verification Route (EVR) practical experience route.
- Serve as a key CPA Alberta liaison with post-secondary institutions, secondary schools, and employers. Represent CPA Alberta with professionalism and integrity.
- Represent CPA Alberta on national and regional recruitment-oriented subcommittees and working groups.
- Support SVP with leadership of the Communications and Recruitment business unit; including development of the annual business plan and budget.
- Manage the departmental budget.
- Contribute to quarterly Management Operating Reporting (MOR) to the Board by tracking progress, activities on specific operational goals and KPIs.
- Bachelor’s Degree, ideally in Business, Accounting, Marketing, or Communications.
- Seven to ten years of senior level and progressively responsible experience including a high level of business strategy experience and an ability to build relationships based on trust and integrity.
- Minimum of four years of people management or supervisory experience, including staff hiring, supervision, development and training; and team leadership.
- Experience planning, organizing and implementing programs and initiatives to meet organizational goals and objectives.
- Proven ability to represent an organization in a professional manner with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong organizational, prioritization and time management skills, with the ability to work well under pressure, handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Strong writing skills and demonstrated ability to develop and deliver compelling, persuasive presentations.
- Proven ability to lead a team of professionals.
- A CPA designation, knowledge of the CPA profession, and the profession’s Professional Education Program in particular, are valuable assets.
- Value and Ethics
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Organizational Awareness
- Results Management
- Risk Management
- Team Leadership
- Strategic Thinking
- Fast paced work environment.
- Frequent work outside of regular hours including weekends may be required.
- Frequent travel, within and outside of Alberta, will be required.
Location: Calgary or Edmonton
Qualified interested candidates may apply online by clicking here.
Due to the anticipated volume of responses, we will contact only those candidates who most closely match our requirements.