Are you interested in the investment management sector and have a keen eye for detail?
Matco Financial is seeking a part-time Accountant (20-30 hours per week). Reporting directly to the Chief Financial Officer, the candidate will assist in ongoing accounting functions for both the Company and its funds under management.
Matco Financial Inc. is a Calgary based independent, privately held discretionary investment counsellor and asset management firm. Matco has been providing investment management services to individuals, advisors, and institutions since 2006.
Include, but are not limited to:
- Cash management and reconciliations
- Payables processing
- Receivables processing and tracking
- Monitoring, reconciling and posting of: prepaid expenses, promotional inventory, property and equipment, and revenue and expense accruals
- Preparation of GST returns
- Investment fund expense monitoring
- Coordination of investment fund expense recoveries, entries and ratios with third party service providers
The successful candidate will have:
- 2 or more years experience in an accounting role, including month end and year end support
- An accounting diploma or degree
- Knowledge of, or a keen interest in, the investment management industry is required
- The ability to work independently as well as part of a team in an open office environment
- The ability to prioritize competing deadlines
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong excel skills
- Experience working with large sets of data
To apply for this position please submit your application to email@example.com, including “Accountant” in the subject line prior to Monday, January 21, 2019 at 5pm MST.
We thank all applicants in advance; however only individuals selected for interview will be contacted.