- Nature Conservancy of Canada
- Job Industry
- Not-for-profit and Charitable Organizations
- Job Category
- Accounting and Finance
- Job Type
Taking care of our environment has never been more important than it is today. The Nature Conservancy of Canada (NCC) – Alberta Region is looking for a Finance Assistant to join a team committed to protecting our most important natural areas and the plants and animals they sustain.
NCC is the country’s leading private land conservation organization. As a non-profit, charitable organization we work in partnership with individuals, corporations, governments and other non-profit groups to protect our most important natural treasures. We take a collaborative and science-based approach to our mission. Since 1962, NCC and its partners have helped to conserve 2.8 million acres (more than 1.1 million hectares), from coast to coast to coast. With National headquarters in Toronto and regional offices across the country, NCC delivers results you can walk on.
Purpose and General Description
The Finance Assistant will play a key role in ensuring the effective administration and coordination of financial information for NCC Alberta. The Finance Assistant will work closely with all Alberta regional staff as well as the Finance Coordinator, Regional Controller, Regional Vice-President and National Finance staff. This role reports to the Finance Coordinator.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Receive and process revenue in compliance with financial policies and procedures
• Prepare invoices in cooperation with all staff
• Manage accounts receivable to ensure collection of all expected revenue
• Serve as Alberta Region Point of Contact for insurance
• Manage utilities and assets on NCC properties
• Provide financial data and information to Alberta staff as requested
• New hire Finance Onboarding and Training (visa card requests, expense claims)
• Manage program funding and assist in reviewing eligibility and restrictions
• Distribute visa statements to card holders, receive and process claim reconciliations including personal claim reimbursements, assisting staff with completion
• Maintain filing system for NCC Alberta Finance Department
• Attend national and regional finance calls, conservation meetings, staff calls and retreats, and other meetings as required
• Other duties as may be assigned
Please send a resume and cover letter as application by January 18, 2019.
- Additional info: Finance Assistant (64kb) (the link will open in a new window)