Corporate Finance, Financial Reporting Analyst (Chartered Accountant)
CORPORATE FINANCE – FINANCIAL REPORTING ANALYST
The Alberta Securities Commission is the industry-funded regulator responsible for administering the province's securities laws. It is entrusted with fostering a fair and efficient capital market in Alberta and with protecting investors. As a member of the Canadian Securities Administrators, the ASC works to improve, coordinate and harmonize the regulation of Canada's capital markets.
The role of our Corporate Finance division is to support the ASC’s goal of fostering a fair and efficient capital market. We do this by ensuring investors have access to timely, reliable, and relevant information to make informed investment decisions.
This multi-faceted role offers the opportunity to work with a team of diverse professionals from various backgrounds. It also offers the unique opportunity to work on emerging issues, utilizing strong problem solving skills and professional judgement.
This role will appeal to an experienced Chartered Accountant who enjoys the audit function and financial reporting without the deadlines. It will also be of interest to an individual seeking to broaden their expertise in the area of the capital market.
Key responsibilities include:
- Providing oversight and analysis of diverse Reporting Issuers’ financial reporting, continuous disclosure documents (i.e: financial statements, AIF, MD&As), prospectuses, pre-filing and exemption applications to identify specific public interest concerns and ensure compliance with securities legislation.
- Presenting to and interfacing with executives of Reporting Issuers, their advisors and other capital market constituents to ensure any identified compliance issues are resolved.
- Participating on committees with colleagues from across Canada on the formation of recommendations for the development of legislative rules, regulatory instruments and amendments.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A Canadian Accounting Professional (CPA - CA) designation.
- A minimum of 5 years post designation experience with assurance work and/or preparation of financial reporting for public entities is required for the role. Applicants with more years of experience in assurance or public financial reporting would be a great asset and be highly considered.
- Excellent time management skills, and the proven ability to think critically, evaluate alternative positions and make decisions by applying sound judgement and analytical skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- A strong technical understanding of IFRS.
- A working knowledge of US GAAP would be an asset.
Visit our website to submit your resume, cover letter as soon as possible. This job posting is currently ongoing. More information about working at the ASC including our comprehensive Total Rewards package can be found on our website at www.albertasecurities.com.
You will be contacted if you are selected for an interview.