- Banff Centre for Arts and Creativity
- Job Industry
- Education, Arts, entertainment and recreation, Not-for-profit and Charitable Organizations
- Job Category
- Accounting and Finance
- Job Type
Banff Centre for Arts and Creativity is seeking a Manager, Accounting.
Do you have a strong track record of leading a team of accounting professionals? Have you recently received or working towards your CPA designation and would like to take your career to the next level? If so, an exciting opportunity with Banff Centre for Arts and Creativity awaits you!
The Manager, Accounting is responsible for the oversight of accounting operations within Finance at Banff Centre. In this role, the Manager, Accounting hires, trains, directs and supervises the accounting staff to ensure the proper recording of all accounting transactions and generally maintains accurate and complete accounting records for the Centre.
Reporting to the Director, Finance and Planning and managing a team of seven (7), below are key areas of responsibilities:
- Accounting Operations - Controls and Procedures
- Financial Statements
- Treasury Management
- Human Resource Management
- Provide leadership to accounting team in developing and implementing accounting functions, tools, systems and processes which will maintain and improve efficiency and effectiveness of all accounting operations
- Interact with internal and external customers of the Centre and respond to inquiries, provide advice and resolve problems in a positive, effective and equitable manner
- Participate in the design and development of new accounting systems or tools including process redesign, needs analysis and delivery of end-user training
Qualification and Educational Requirements
- Accounting degree, or the equivalent in education and experience.
- CPA designation or working towards the designation.
- 5+ years of management experience.
- Previous experience overseeing AP/AR, reporting, account reconciliation and month-end close.
- Thorough working knowledge of accounting/control principles.
- Promote and maintain the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct, integrity and quality.
- Committed to customer service in all areas.
- Ability to develop and maintain highly effective working relationships.
- Superior interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Strong leadership and decision making skills.
- Proven ability to effectively hire, train and supervise staff.
- Highly proficient with desk-top software and automated accounting systems.
- Creative and adaptive to an ever-changing environment.
- Highly organized and attentive to detail.
- Able to work independently, prioritize and advance assignments, and work well with others under pressure.
- Project management skills an asset
More search results
Battle River Power Coop
Accountant, Foreign Real Estate Accounting
Alberta Investment Management Corporation - 360578
ICON Stone & Tile
Chair and Board Members (3)
Calgary Arts Development Authority
2018 CFE Writer or Chartered Professional Account…
Kenway Mack Slusarchuk Stewart LLP