NEW SENIOR ACCOUNTING/FINANCE ROLE – MACRO ENTERPRISES INC
THIS IS AN EXCELLENT GROWTH OPPORTUNITY!
Macro Enterprises is a mid-sized pipeline and facility construction contractor based in Fort St. John, British Columbia. It is listed on the TSX Venture Exchange under the trading symbol V.MCR. Along with its international pipeline partner, the Company has secured a potential back-log of business in excess of $1.5 Billion.
As a result of the securing material contracts the Company is confident the oil and gas industry is set for a recovery and anticipates significant activity in the next few years. Macro is well established to be a meaningful player with its strong balance sheet, liquidity and industry leading health and safety record.
Senior Accounting/Finance Core Duties:
- Support the full cycle accounting operations
- Assist in preparing timely and accurate monthly financial statements
- Help to maintain financial policies and procedures to ensure proper accounting standards and controls
- Ensuring that daily financial reporting to cash, intercompany transactions, revenues, and expenditures are completed in a timely fashion
- Responsible for monthly reconciliations relating to all aspects of the operation, including accruals, payroll, commodity taxes, financial contracts, leases and insurance.
- Help to improve the internal control processes, including maintaining PO module receipting and balancing
- Support the development of ongoing process improvement, focusing on timely and accurate month end, quarterly and annual deliverables
- Identify opportunities for improvement on a proactive basis
Senior Accounting/Finance Required Skills:
- Professional accounting designation, such as CPA, is required
- At least 10 years’ experience in finance, with at least 5 years’ experience leading a finance function at a management level
- Should possess business acumen with the ability to communicate with all levels of employees
- Effective problem solving skills required to contribute to the business beyond the role of a financial accountant
- Solid written and oral communication skills and the ability to interact effectively with management, staff and external service providers
- Self-starter, able to work independently
- Energy and enthusiasm a must
IMPORTANT – This is a well-compensated, excellent opportunity for the right candidate. The position will be based in Calgary with significant amounts a travel to site and other locations as planned. The position will report directly to the Project Manager with dotted lines to the corporate finance and accounting team.
If you would enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic project environment then this opportunity may be ideal for you. Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting, “Senior Finance and Admin Manager” in the subject line of your email.
We will be contacting only those whose skills and qualifications are deemed best matched for the position. Thank-you in advance for your interest in this exciting opportunity!