Blue Sky Hemp Blue Sky Hemp Ventures Ltd. is an industrial hemp producer headquartered in Calgary, with operations in Alberta and Saskatchewan. The company recently commissioned the first phase of its food processing facility in Saskatoon with plans to significantly expand capacity in the near future. In parallel, Blue Sky is also executing plans to capture value from the entire plant, including nutraceutical extraction and stalk processing.
The Opportunity – Accounting Professional
Blue Sky is looking for an accounting professional to manage, and establish where required, its internal accounting functions and book keeping system. The successful candidate will be an action oriented, dynamic individual, who thrives in an entrepreneurial environment. The role will report directly to the CFO and require frequent interaction with the management team as well as operating personnel. The role will be located in Calgary or Saskatoon and will be 30-40 hours per week.
· Take care of monthly book keeping/record keeping
· Preparing payroll
· Manage reporting timelines and requirements
· Prepare monthly reporting package for management team
· Prepare financial statements
· Prepare quarterly/monthly GST filings
· Assist with other external reporting requirements when required
· Communicate with management team and employees (financial and non-financial) regarding issues related to financial reporting and accounting policies and procedures
· Liaise with external auditors; coordinate and manage interim work and year-end audit
Experience & Qualifications
· Post-secondary degree in Accounting or Finance from an accredited institution
· Holds or is working towards a recognized professional accounting designation (CPA)
· Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively
· Self-starter with proven ability to work independently
· Strong analytical skills
· Proficient in the use of computer programs with a strong knowledge of MS Excel.
· Working knowledge of computerized accounting systems (QBO experience an asset)
· Experience with payroll, T4, GST filings
· Public Practice, experience with ERP systems and/or operational accounting experience an asset
Blue Sky offers competitive compensation and benefits, including salary and equity exposure, commensurate with experience.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
More search results
Battle River Power Coop
Accountant, Foreign Real Estate Accounting
Alberta Investment Management Corporation - 360578
ICON Stone & Tile
Chair and Board Members (3)
Calgary Arts Development Authority
2018 CFE Writer or Chartered Professional Account…
Kenway Mack Slusarchuk Stewart LLP