Business Analyst, P3 Capital Projects
Interior Health is looking for a permanent full time Business Analyst, P3 Capital Projects to join the Business Support team at the Community Health and Services Centre in Kelowna.
The Business Analyst, P3 Capital Projects provides information within and around financial planning in order to facilitate the achievement of a successful completion of projects. The Business Analyst is responsible for tracking and reporting related to the planning, construction, and commissioning of projects, ensuring a strong integration of information and issue management within the project team and stakeholders; coordinating an effective forecasting mechanism to assist senior executives to adjust and commit resources toward organizational priorities; ensuring the timely availability of accurate budget data; and using a custom application for managing the budget.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Gathers financial and other information for analysis and distribution.
- Coordinates data for use in the regular reporting cycle and forecasting tools.
- Prepares ad hoc reports and assists in the development of new reports to meet the changing needs of the organization.
- Reviews budget recommendations and plans for allocating resources prepared by others and adjusts the budget accordingly.
- Reconciles data to ensure accuracy.
- Maintains detailed budgets and forecasts for budgets.
- Provides input on new and existing policies and processes and makes recommendations to the Financial Lead, P3 Capital Projects and Project Managers on issues that relate to the projects.
- Performs other related duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Interior Health offers work-life balance with competitive wages, excellent employee benefits, professional development and educational leave in a larger-than-life landscape and four seasons playground. Come and join our team…Apply today!
Education, Training, and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree and/or a CPA, another relevant designation, or currently working towards completion. • One to three years of experience relevant to the duties of this position.
- Experience working in an organization of similar size and complexity in a role that required awareness of its structure and how to navigate through it to ensure internal clients were provided efficient and effective service.
- Demonstrates all LEADS Capabilities, in particular:
- Leads Self – self-awareness, demonstrates character
- Engages Others – communicates effectively
- Achieves Results – takes action to implement decisions, assesses & evaluates results
- Develops Coalitions – mobilizes knowledge, demonstrates a commitment to customers & service
- System Transformation – encourages and supports innovation, champions & orchestrates change
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills with the ability to be flexible on work times and assignments.
- Customer service orientation with the ability to be innovative and participate with others to reach organizational objectives.
- Awareness of how to navigate through the organizational structure to ensure internal clients are provided efficient and effective service.
- Ability to adapt and produce high quality results in a constantly changing and developing environment.
- Ability to multi-task and perform numerous tasks for various clients within acceptable time frames.
- Excellent computer skills in order to access and manipulate data from various systems to produce financial and other reports.
- Strong analytical ability to meaningfully interpret and present data.
- Understanding of the full accounting and budgeting cycle.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
More search results
Robert Half Canada
Auditor 3, Compliance Audit
HEARTS: Helping Everyone Access Resources Through Support
Volunteer Accountant to Act as Auditor
Calgary Multicultural Centre
Financial Audit Professional / Professionnel de l…
Office of the Auditor General of Canada