Company: Pattison Agriculture
Reports to: Vice President, Finance
Location: Yorkton, Saskatchewan (preferred); Swift Current and/or Regina (considered)
Pattison Agriculture is looking for a Controller.
Who we Are:
A division of the Jim Pattison Group, Pattison Agriculture and our John Deere dealerships have the products, resources, and the people needed to support the changing face of Canadian agriculture. We are proud to be at the forefront of our industry with locations throughout Saskatchewan and Western Manitoba. Our continued success is built upon our commitment to our people and our customers, innovative products, and the strong connections we get to make in the communities we are ingrained in.
Reporting to the Vice President, Finance, you will lead the Finance Team to: develop and implement accounting policies, coordinate systems, and procedures; ensure that internal and external financial reporting requirements are met with high quality, reliability and accurate information; maintain the Company’s system of accounting records and internal controls; and oversee the tax and treasury functions for the Company.
- Prepare and review monthly financial statements, ensuring compliance with the Company’s accounting policies and ASPE;
- Perform operations month-end closing process including journal entries, account reconciliations/continuity schedules, standard reporting package, KPI tracking, and Monthly Operating Report analysis and preparation
- Review and approve expenditures, ensuring accurate account allocations and compliance within budgets and forecasts
- Perform analytical support for operational cost and margin improvement
- Oversee corporate treasury reporting, forecasting and analysis and cashflow management
- Oversee preparation of internal and external audit working papers and documentation
- Develop Finance teams through mentorship and coaching to ensure each team has the tools and resources necessary for success
- University degree in Commerce or Business Administration coupled with CPA/CA, CMA, CGA designation required
- 3-5 experience in financial accounting including three (3) years experience leading a finance team
- Experience working with automated planning and forecasting tools. Ideally, having worked on and implementation of budgeting/planning software
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Employee pension plan
- Work life balance and positive corporate culture
- Professional development opportunities
To view a more detailed description of the position and required qualifications, please visit www.pattisonag.com/careers
Application Deadline: February 18, 2019
Candidates interested in this position must visit http://pattisonag.com/careers/ to apply online.
We would like to thank all who apply. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada.