Director, Financial Planning
College of the Rockies is a learner-centered institution. We invite all qualified applicants who value high quality program delivery and customer service excellence to apply for the position of…
Director, Financial Planning
Duties: Reporting to the Vice President – Finance and Corporate Services, the Director is accountable to provide leadership to the Financial Services department and to ensure complete and accurate financial records and reporting. This position provides operational leadership to the College’s budget and variance reporting cycles, and works as an internal financial consultant to budget officers in a responsive, innovative and integrated fashion. This position is responsible to:
- Ensure that appropriate and effective control systems are in place;
- Provide support and leadership to the Financial Services department for the ongoing improvement of financial systems/processes, and identify financial policy gaps;
- Provide operational and strategic leadership to the Purchasing and Shipping/Receiving function and oversee all procurement activities;
- Manage various third-party service contracts;
- Determines cash flow requirements; and,
- Ensures all budgets are created accurately considering requirements of Collective Agreements and Terms of Employment.
A comprehensive job description detailing the responsibilities and qualifications of the position is available on our Career page at www.cotr.bc.ca/HRD
- Professional accounting (CPA) designation, with a thorough understanding of PSAB accounting and fund accounting standards
- A minimum of five years of experience in a comparable financial management role involving the development and leadership of a team of professional and technical staff
- Advanced knowledge of computerized accounting systems and integrated management information systems with advanced understanding of public/government financial, administrative, budgeting and investment practices.
- A working knowledge of collective agreements along with excellent communication skills including negotiation, mediation, persuasion, influencing and conflict resolution
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office applications including Excel
As an employee of the College of the Rockies, the successful candidate is expected to be a lifelong learner who continues to develop his/her skills to help the College meet the needs of our students and our other valued clients.
Thank you for your interest in this position. The College is currently reviewing applications as they are received, and this position will remain posted until a candidate is chosen. Should review of your application result in a decision to further explore your interest and qualifications, you will be contacted at that time.
Salary: The starting annual salary for this Management Group position will be within the range of $86,129 to $114,838. Management Group employees are eligible for annual salary increases within and above the starting range through demonstrated performance. The College also offers a comprehensive range of benefits.
Closing Date: February 15, 2019
Preferred Start Date: To be determined
Interested persons should submit their cover letter and resume to: The Human Resource Development Department, College of the Rockies, Box 8500, Cranbrook, BC V1C 5L7 or electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote Competition #19-MN-01
Please ensure your cover letter and resume clearly describe your related qualifications and experience as selection for interview will be based on the information provided.
More search results
Robert Half Canada
Auditor 3, Compliance Audit
HEARTS: Helping Everyone Access Resources Through Support
Volunteer Accountant to Act as Auditor
Calgary Multicultural Centre
Financial Audit Professional / Professionnel de l…
Office of the Auditor General of Canada