Cheif Operating Officer (COO)
Protein Industries Canada (PIC) is one of Canada’s newly announced supercluster initiatives located in the heart of the prairies. The mandate of the industry-led protein supercluster is to unleash the potential of Canadian crops and accelerate the innovation of plant-protein products and co-products. Our focus will be to foster stronger connections - from large anchor firms to start-ups, from post-secondary institutions to research and government partners - and open the door to new forms of industry partnership while we energize the economy and become engines of growth.
We are excited to start building our executive team located in Regina, Saskatchewan. We are looking for experienced professionals passionate about mobilizing Canada’s ag/food innovation and positioning Canada as a leading source of high quality plant protein.
Chief Operating Officer (COO)
Reporting to the CEO, the Chief Operating Officer will provide leadership and oversight on the major internal functions of the organization. You will bring functional skills and experience in finance, business metrics, board governance, as well as corporate processes and standards. Your keen eye for detail and initiative will identify trends, issues and opportunities for continuous improvement and managing enterprise risks.
What You Will Do
- Provide overall financial management, tracking and metric reporting
- Budget development, projections and tracking
- Financial, project milestone and outcome reporting to the Federal Government
- Audit and compliance functions
- Develop, track and report on key performance indicators
- Development and coordinate of committee / board meetings and committee / board packages (via Corporate Secretary)
- Identify new revenue opportunities and determine cost effectiveness of project delivery
- Develop and manage data privacy policies and processes
- Develop and oversee all corporate policies
What You Will Bring
- A CPA/CMA designation is preferred
- Minimum 10 years of experience in finance and accounting
- Track record working in a high paced environment focused on delivering results