Rupertsland Institute (RLI), an affiliate of the Métis Nation of Alberta, is seeking a Finance Supervisor to work for our Edmonton Head Office. With locations across Alberta, Rupertsland Institute develops and delivers programming and services to the Alberta Métis population in relation to the labour market and education assistance.
As Finance Supervisor with RLI, your responsibilities would encompass:
- Supervision of various finance staff; provide training, leadership and support to the finance staff in areas of payroll administration, accounts payable, general ledger, and documentation filing.
- Ensure the accurate coding of invoices and payables according to appropriate budget and line items.
- Assist in the re-forecasting of expenditures as requested by the Deputy Director of Operations.
- Assist with internal and external audits including compilation of data – coach and mentor team members
- Assist in maintaining accountable purchasing and inventory control practices
- Oversee pay runs to staff and students including quality assurance to identify and correct errors.
- Complete bank and credit card reconciliations ensuring proper coding and back up.
- Reconcile and ensure Receiver General and Benefits payments are timely.
- Ensure that returned Student payments are corrected and re-issued.
- Ensure that T4’s for staff, students and members of the Board of Governors are accurate and mailed out.
- Provide performance feedback as needed and complete annual performance reviews for team members identifying goals for professional development.
- Cover-off other finance positions when there are absences.
- Diploma/Degree in finance or accounting.
- In the process of getting a CPA or similar designation is an asset.
- A minimum of five years in a general accounting/bookkeeping role.
- Experience in managing, coaching, and supporting staff.
- Experience in payroll, accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Comprehensive knowledge of basic accounting principles.
- Ability to create financial reports and excel spreadsheets.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of the office environment and necessary tools: computer hardware and software, photocopier operation, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and support junior level staff.
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail.
- Superior judgment and ability to prioritize tasks.
- Demonstrated capacity to problem-solve and work as a team.
Rupertsland Institute offers competitive wages, comprehensive benefits and a generous pension plan.
Please send your resume, including cover letter to Attention: Kathleen Tilley at firstname.lastname@example.org and start your new career today!
As an equal opportunity employer RLI welcomes applications from all interested candidates regardless of sex, gender, or disability. However, preference may be given to Indigenous applicants who demonstrate the skills and qualifications required for this position.
*Note - Please quote FS-HO in the subject line of your email and within your cover letter. Rupertsland Institute thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.