BioCan Technologies Inc. is seeking a Controller for its Calgary headquarters. The Controller is a hands-on role, reporting directly to the CFO in a growing research and development biotechnology company headquartered in Calgary with operations in Burnaby, B.C. and San Francisco, CA.
The Controller will be primarily responsible for all aspects of the finance and accounting operations including financial reporting, budgeting, audits, cash management, risk management and tax reporting/administration. In addition, the Controller will also take on various independent projects such as tax planning (US and Canada), Enterprise Resource Planning system implementation and assistance with lab software selection and implementation.
Applicants Must Have
- Proven experience as a financial controller, senior accountant, or similar role
- External audit experience
- Corporate public company reporting experience
- Possess a professional accounting designation (CPA, CA preferred)
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be able to work both independently and collaboratively with a team
- Be able to handle multiple projects in a deadline driven environment
- Be detail-oriented, analytical, and possess superior problem-solving skills
CORE DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
ACCOUNTING; REPORTING & ANALYSIS
- Ensure compliance with GAAP/IFRS
- Ensure timely completion of month-end, quarter-end, and year-end reporting
- Prepare journal entries and monthly account reconciliations
- Prepare inter-company and inter-fund transactions
- Liaise with CFO to review financial procedures and reporting
EXTERNAL AUDIT, INTERNAL CONTROLS
- Coordinate external audits (interim and annual), liaise with auditors
- Preparation of schedules for audits
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Conduct regular ledger maintenance
- Improve efficiency and modifications to accounting systems and procedures
- As part of a small team some of the duties will include daily accounting tasks
- Participate in financial standards setting and in forecast process
- Conform with all regulatory guidance and internal policies & procedures.
- Assist with tax planning and transfer payment study for Canadian and US subsidiaries
- Assist with planning efficient corporate structure
- Collaborate with the operations teams to prepare monthly, quarterly and annual forecasts/budgets of treasury cash flow and balance sheets
How to Apply
Submit your resume by quoting "Controller" in the subject line to email@example.com by February 10, 2019.
Your submission will be reviewed carefully, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
More search results
Robert Half Canada
Auditor 3, Compliance Audit
HEARTS: Helping Everyone Access Resources Through Support
Volunteer Accountant to Act as Auditor
Calgary Multicultural Centre
Financial Audit Professional / Professionnel de l…
Office of the Auditor General of Canada