Assistant Director, Budget
Elk Island Public Schools - Financial Services
To apply for this position within Elk Island Public Schools, please visit www.eips.ca and click on the Careers tab, then the Management and Professional tab to apply for Competition #2643030 by the closing date of February 12, 2019. We only interview candidates who have applied on our website.
Do you have a passion for excellence in public education? We’re looking for someone who can inspire a team of people committed to helping set our students on the path to success!
Elk Island Public Schools is looking for a strong leader who can provide sound advice and direction to clients and inspire employees to grow in their roles. The successful applicant will be a highly organized critical thinker, and willing to listen actively and offer guidance as required. Your CPA designation and minimum of 5 years’ experience, with a background in management, will equip you with the skills to deal with a dynamic work environment.
If you have a stellar reputation for problem solving, a clear understanding of the need for collaboration and are seeking a fulfilling challenge, a job at Elk Island Public Schools could be perfect for you.
Elk Island Public Schools is one of Alberta’s largest school divisions, serving approximately 17,150 students in 43 schools. As leaders in education, we flourish in a culture of life-long learning and provide excellent development opportunities to our employees. The position is located in Sherwood Park, Alberta, a thriving community just minutes from Edmonton.
Commencing April 1, 2019
Open to: Internal and external candidates
- Plan, coordinate, prepare and maintain the annual Elk Island Public Schools operating budget that supports the Division’s strategic goals and Alberta Education guidelines.
- Review changes in the Provincial funding and reporting requirements and determine the impact to the Division.
- Lead the preparation and completion of the annual budget.
- Collaborate and liaise with key stakeholders in the distribution and development of budget allocations.
- Plan, develop and maintain a system that supports the annual budget process and provides accurate information to a variety of stakeholders within Elk Island Public Schools, Alberta Education and other external parties.
- Monitor, review, revise, recommend and implement Board policies and Division administrative procedures related to financial functions.
- Provide financial direction and leadership within Financial Services and to the Division as a whole.
- Lead or participate on various committees within the Division to provide financial expertise and advice.
- Train, coach, evaluate, and monitor the progress of direct reports on a regular and proactive basis.
Education and Experience: (Equivalencies will be considered)
- CPA Designation
- Minimum of 5 years’ related experience, including management
Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes:
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Active Learning - Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Judgment and Decision Making - Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Complex Problem Solving - Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Providing Consultation and Advice to Others - Providing guidance and expert advice to management or other groups on financial, systems or process-related topics.
For further information, please contact Shirley at Shirley.Hagen@eips.ca
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
To apply for this position within Elk Island Public Schools, please visit www.eips.ca and click on our Careers tab, then the Management and Professional tab to apply for Competition #2643030 by the closing date of February 12, 2019. We only interview candidates who have applied on our website.
More search results
Robert Half Canada
Auditor 3, Compliance Audit
HEARTS: Helping Everyone Access Resources Through Support
Volunteer Accountant to Act as Auditor
Calgary Multicultural Centre
Financial Audit Professional / Professionnel de l…
Office of the Auditor General of Canada