West Lake Energy Corp. is a privately owned, intermediate producer with core assets located in Lloydminster and Provost areas. West Lake's strategy is to grow its production base in both its heavy and medium areas through organic drilling complemented with focused acquisitions. West Lake has applied advanced drilling and completion techniques, which has allowed its wells to achieve compelling economic returns at sustained low oil prices. West Lake continues to execute on a material multi-year drilling program.
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Financial Accountant. Reporting to the CFO, this position will be located in our Calgary Office and provides the opportunity for a full range of responsibilities including the following:
- For the timely and accurate preparation of all financial reporting.
- For all internal roll ups of the corporate budgeting and forecast model.
- Preparation of quarterly and annual financial statements in accordance with IFRS, including note disclosures, working papers and MD&A.
- Responsible for researching and determining the appropriate IFRS accounting treatment for complex transactions and new or amended IFRS standards.
- Fulfill monthly and quarterly reporting requirements for the Company's Board of Directors, Management and Bank.
- Main point of contact for annual financial statement audit.
- Preparation and maintenance of the corporate budge and subsequent reforecasts.
- Responsible for monthly comparison of budget to actual financial performance.
- Support senior management's decision-making with ad-hoc financial modelling and analysis.
- Assist the CFO with Banking, Legal, Hedging or internal policy as required.
- Preparation of corporate tax returns.
- 5-10 years of Financial Accounting and/or Reporting experience in the oil & gas industry.
- Completion of professional designation (CPA, CA, CMA, CGA)
- In-depth knowledge of IFRS
- Strong business acumen and ability to build cross-functional relationships.
- Detail oriented and ability to consistently meet tight deadlines.
- Experience with JV Nexus software would be an asset.
If you are interested in this career opportunity, please submit a resume to HR@westlakeenergy.ca no later than Februrary 8, 2019. Please include the job title in the subject heading.
West Lake Energy thanks all applicants for their interest but only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.
More search results
Robert Half Canada
Auditor 3, Compliance Audit
HEARTS: Helping Everyone Access Resources Through Support
Volunteer Accountant to Act as Auditor
Calgary Multicultural Centre
Financial Audit Professional / Professionnel de l…
Office of the Auditor General of Canada