Our Finance team is seeking a rockstar Accountant to join our growing team in our Calgary office. You will be a motivated self starter with excellent teamwork skills and a minimum of five years of experience in a corporate accounting department. You will be an integral part of the monthly close process, and take the lead on special projects while demonstrating attention to detail and excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Go to Work and Change the World
Looking for meaningful work where you can have an impact? Benevity is the place for you.
We’re a fast-paced (and fast growing!) software company in the business of doing good. Our market-leading cloud solution powers Goodness programs that help some of the world’s most iconic brands engage their people, customers and communities by connecting them with causes they care about.
As a B Corp, we’re thrilled to be part of the next wave of companies that are committed to higher social and sustainability standards—a commitment you’ll see reflected in our mission-driven culture.
If you want to feel good about going to work every day, Benevity delivers. We’re an agile, high-performing team and we need new team members—people like you—to help us continue to innovate game-changing technology, and help our raving fans (er, clients!) successfully run world-class Goodness programs that create a culture of purpose and passion while making a positive difference in the world.
Imagine using your skills to catalyze a network of 10 million+ people from hundreds of the most recognizable global brands to connect with millions of charities around the world. At Benevity, you can!
When you Work at Benevity
You’ll have the once-in-a-career opportunity to be a part of a movement—helping some of the world’s most iconic brands drive social change and create a better employee experience that can attract, retain and engage today’s diverse workforce.
You’ll make more than just a paycheck. You’ll have the opportunity to combine your passion with purpose every day while achieving tangible results. Just last year our team delivered nearly 1,000 feature enhancements; not to mention we’ve continued to build game-changing products while processing over $2 billion in donations and 10 million volunteer hours to 150,000 charities worldwide.
You’ll join a high-performing, purpose-driven team that will help you advance your skills and adopt the growth mindset that’s essential to success at our company (and in everyday life). Our inclusive environment will allow you to come to work each day and be your best, most authentic self.
You won’t find a lot of office policies and politics around here, but you will find dogs. You’ll also find a lot of passionate people who are all owners in the company. That doesn’t just mean potential equity in the company (though it means that, too!), but also a sense of responsibility and pride that we’re in this thing together.
What you will do
- Ensure the accuracy, timeliness and integrity of accounting information
- Assist with month end close process including ensuring the accuracy and completeness of journal entries and supporting schedules for multiple reporting entities
- Prepare monthly accrual entries, account reconciliations and financial reports
- Assist with annual audit and information gathering for tax filings
- Maintain an accurate and complete trail of supporting documentation
- Assist with documentation and monitoring of internal controls and processes
- Document, develop and implement new business processes by working closely with internal teams on finance related projects
- Initiate opportunities for areas for improvement to current processes
- Other ad hoc reporting and accounting projects as required
What you bring
- Bachelor’s degree and CPA accounting designation
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience of general accounting in a corporate accounting department, start-up experience is a plus
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in public practice accounting
- Highly developed ability to prioritize and multi task
- Knowledge of US GAAP accounting principles and practices
- Self starter with the ability to work both independently and with a team
- Motivate to learn, question status-quo and encourage change when needed
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet set deadlines
- Demonstrated attention to detail and well-developed problem solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Office programs, particularly Excel
- Proficiency with Intacct accounting software or other comparable accounting software
Our Commitment to a Diverse Culture
We believe in the power of diversity and we’re dedicated to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment at Benevity. We ensure equal opportunity for all applicants and encourage people of all visible minorities, including Indigenous applicants, and those of any religion, sex, age, ability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression to apply.
A Place for all Genders in Tech
Gender diversity and equality benefits everyone. We’re committed to supporting all gender identities and expressions in tech by sharing stories and advocating for equality. We’re also proud to partner with forward-thinking organizations like Chic Geek and Next Gen Men, who continue to build a more vibrant, inclusive and diverse technology landscape.
While we are grateful and appreciative of every application, we are only able to respond to those candidates selected for an interview.
More search results
Robert Half Canada
Auditor 3, Compliance Audit
HEARTS: Helping Everyone Access Resources Through Support
Volunteer Accountant to Act as Auditor
Calgary Multicultural Centre
Financial Audit Professional / Professionnel de l…
Office of the Auditor General of Canada