A. POSITION SUMMARY
Reporting to the General Manager for the Battle River Cooperative REA Ltd. (the “Coop”), the Regulatory Specialist is responsible for managing and coordinating all aspects of the Coop’s compliance with regulatory requirements. A key role of the Regulatory Specialist is to monitor, review and analyze changes to legislation and various other regulations and rules to understand the short and long-term impacts on the Coop, and ensure that compliance with all changes is properly implemented.
The Regulatory Specialist position is considered a management level position within the Coop, and as such the Regulatory Specialist will be expected to work closely with the General Manager and the management team of the Coop to ensure the short and long-term success of the Coop.
B. REQUIREMENTS AND PREFERENCES
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree preferably in a relevant discipline such as accounting, engineering or business management. An MBA or equivalent experience is desirable and other designations such as a P. Eng., CPA or L.L.B. are considered an asset;
- Experience in a senior analyst or management position focused on regulatory and legislative compliance would be considered a strong asset;
- Relevant experience in industry is desired, with preference for experience in an electric distribution utility (such as a rural electrification association) or a co-operative enterprise (such as a gas co-operative);
- An understanding of the financial, regulatory and operational considerations of operating a business, including rural electrification associations or other cooperatives is an asset.
- Job posting closes by February 15, 2019 or after a qualified applicant is selected; and
- Please provide your resume, cover letter and a minimum of three work related references to email@example.com.
- The Regulatory Specialist position is a management level position with the Coop, reporting directly to the General Manager. Compensation, including vacation, pension, and other extensive benefits, are dependent upon experience, negotiated by the General Manager and Board and commensurate with the expectations of the position.