Intermediate Staff Accountant
Source is publicly listed company on the TSX and a fully integrated producer, supplier and distributor of high quality Northern White frac sand, primarily to the WCSB. Source provides its customers with a full end-to-end solution through its Wisconsin mine assets, processing facilities, unit train capable rail assets, strategically located terminal network and “last mile” logistics capabilities. Source’s full service approach allows customers to rely on its logistics capabilities to increase reliability of supply and to ensure the timely delivery of their growing frac sand requirements. In addition to its transload terminal network and in-basin storage capabilities, Source has also developed Sahara, a proprietary wellsite mobile sand storage and handling system.
Source owns and operates a Northern White frac sand mine and related closed-loop wet processing plant located in east-central Barron County near the town of Sumner, Wisconsin, a Northern White frac sand mine and related closed-loop wet processing plant, which includes three washing circuits, dry processing plant and unit train capable loadout facility, located near Blair, Wisconsin , a dry processing plant, storage and loadout facility located in Weyerhaeuser, Wisconsin, and a Northern White frac sand mine and related closed-loop wet processing plant, dry processing plant and loadout facility, located near Blair, Wisconsin.
Job Title: Intermediate Staff Accountant
Reports To: Assistant Controller
Location: Calgary, AB
Position Summary: The Intermediate Staff Accountant will play a key role in preparing the Company’s combined financial statements and management reporting, as well as assisting in the development of accounting policies, internal controls and business processes in this rapidly growing company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with the preparation and analysis of the Company’s monthly reporting package, as well as the external Quarterly and Annual Financial statements in compliance with IFRS for public companies.
- Coordinate the financial close process with internal and external parties; assuring the information flows and tasks are completed by predetermined deadlines.
- Work with operational accounting teams to resolve accounting and business issues while ensuring compliance with CSOX internal controls.
- Assist with budgets and forecasts and perform financial and operational analysis.
- Interfaces with the executive management team and other stakeholders regarding financial results.
- Assist in IFRS technical research and provide recommendations on significant accounting issues
- Responsible for monthly intercompany eliminations
- A liaison with the Company’s auditors
- Actively involved in various cash management functions such as preparing bank reconciliations
- Prepares journal entries and account reconciliations
- Other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree
- Professional accounting designation (CPA) or student in such program
- Minimum 3 years post degree experience and strong knowledge of GAAP
- Intermediate knowledge of major accounting software packages for both general ledger and statutory accounting. Microsoft Dynamics AX experience would be an asset
- Demonstrated experience in financial and management reporting
- Intermediate to advanced experience with MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook.
- A high performer with ability to work to deadlines.
- Ambitious with the desire to continuously learn and the ability to adapt to a dynamic growing organization.
- Strong analytical and accounting skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills: ability to build relationships with peers in remote locations. Must be a team player and work well with people at all levels within the company.
- Exceptional communication skills: written and verbal.
- Strong problem solving skills. Exhibits proactive “continuous improvement” approach to issues.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced office setting.
- Ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction.
- Detailed and highly organized.
This description is not intended to be a complete statement of job content, rather to act as a guide to the essential functions performed. It is understood that this is not a contract. Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position without notice at any time.