We are looking for a Controller to work with our finance team. In this role, you will be responsible for overseeing all financial and reporting aspects of the organization and ensuring the direction and operation of the finance function supports Nureva’s vision and values.
This position is hands-on and requires a candidate with a can-do mindset.
This is a great opportunity for someone interested in working for a growing technology company and looking for an opportunity to have a significant effect on the company’s direction and growth.
- Direct and oversee all accounting operations of the organization including periodic financial reports, budgeting, payroll, payables, receivables and collection.
- Review the adequacy and integrity of the ERP system and, working with IS, make improvements as necessary to meet current and future needs.
- Establish, monitor and enforce policies and procedures.
- Develop and improve accounting procedures and controls to support the operational and business goals of a growing organization.
- Provide financial support as needed for capital investments, pricing decisions and contract negotiations.
- A CPA designation.
- An undergraduate degree in finance or related discipline.
- At least 5 years of progressive finance and accounting experience.
- Strong technical skills in accounting and financial reporting.
- Experience with software or ERP systems and implementations.
- Ability to continuously improve and maintain financial processes, policies and systems.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with an ability to communicate issues clearly, diplomatically and succinctly.
- A hands-on, roll-up-your-sleeves management style and the ability to develop people, define clear realistic expectations, and lead by example.
- A customer focused leadership and management style with an ability to work collaboratively and respectfully with peers and co-workers.
- A responsible and dedicated attitude focused on ensuring organizational matters are dealt with professionally and proactively.
- Attention to detail and ability to handle multiple projects concurrently.
We offer a competitive compensation package, some unusual perks and benefits, an open and collaborative office in downtown Calgary and a great team environment.
Apply online by close of business February 22, 2019. Please outline how you can make a difference on our team. If selected for an interview, we will spend time to ensure that you understand the role and our company to ensure that we are a good fit for you.
More search results
Robert Half Canada
Auditor 3, Compliance Audit
HEARTS: Helping Everyone Access Resources Through Support
Volunteer Accountant to Act as Auditor
Calgary Multicultural Centre
Financial Audit Professional / Professionnel de l…
Office of the Auditor General of Canada