Matrix Solutions Inc. is a Canadian, employee-owned environmental and engineering consulting company. Strategically located across Canada, we help our clients, employees, environment and communities thrive. With our ability to collaborate across services, disciplines, and geographies, we deliver responsive, locally connected, and scalable solutions customized to our client’s project and environmental challenges.
Our integrated approach is supported by talented professionals focused on three key areas of service: assessment, remediation, reclamation and monitoring; environmental planning, assessment and approvals; and water resources. Join our team of passionate professionals and work with us to create a lasting impact.
Our Calgary, Alberta office is seeking a Junior Accountant to join our Financial Reporting team. The position reports to the Controller and the successful candidate will demonstrate a strong service oriented outlook, accounting technical knowledge and a desire to learn.
- Responsible for daily/weekly bank reconciliations, including:
- investigation of unclaimed or unnamed deposits and
- reconciliation of all payables
- Assist with month end financial reporting preparation, including:
- Prepare daily/weekly/monthly journal entries
- Reconciliation of various accounts and updating associated working papers
- Payroll reconciliation
- Manage prepaid and fixed asset schedules
- Prepare field ticket/invoice reconciliation and associated accruals
- Responsible for the data management and data input in the credit risk process, with direction from Senior Accountants
- Compile and submit data for our credit risk subscriptions
- Enter updated credit limits and credit risk assessment information into various databases and reporting tools
- Manage the trade reference process
- Assist in preparing the indirect tax documentation (PST, GST)
- Assist with audit information requests at interim and year-end
- Provide backup support for the Accounts Payable team month end by entering vouchers and processing invoices
- Supporting the Financial Reporting team in any other duties
Education, Experience, Technical Skills:
- Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field
- 1-2 years of experience in an accounting role in either Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable or General Accounting
- Completed or in pursuit of professional accounting designation would be considered an asset
- High attention to detail, strong problem solving skills and an aptitude for working with numbers
- Intermediate Excel skills with the ability to manage large amounts of data
- A proven ability to multi-task, prioritize, show strong organizational skills and be a team player
- Previous experience working with BST would be considered an asset
Matrix is committed to providing a safe and productive work environment and to promoting the health, safety and well-being of our employees. In keeping with our Health & Safety Policy, individuals in safety sensitive positions are subject to pre-employment, pre-access (and in some client cases, random) alcohol & drug testing as well as drivers abstract reviews.
Are you the one we're looking for? Click the link by February 19, 2019.
Matrix Solutions offers a comprehensive compensation package. We are also committed to flexible work hours and schedules, team-based work, cross-training opportunities, and rewarding our star performers.
Relocation Eligibility: This position is not eligible for our relocation program.
Applicants must have legal authorization to work in Canada with no restrictions.
We welcome and promote diversity and inclusion in our workplace and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Matrix provides support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities; including accommodation that takes into account an applicant’s accessibility needs. Candidates requiring accommodation during the recruitment process are asked to contact Human Resources directly.
Please bookmark our careers page and visit often to learn more about what we do. Also, follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter (at Matrix Solutions Inc & ITweetMatrix respectively) for ongoing updates about our people and business. For more information about Matrix Solutions, please visit our website at www.matrix-solutions.com
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.