- RESET Society of Calgary
- Job Industry
- Not-for-profit and Charitable Organizations
- Job Category
Description of Charity/Foundation:
RESET Society of Calgary is a registered non-profit organization that operates 24 hours a day, year-round, for nearly thirty years. We provide client driven, long-term, comprehensive, wraparound programming and support for women (age 16 and above) who have experienced sexual exploitation and/or sex trafficking. Our programming encompasses extending services to pregnant women, and women with children, as well as women experiencing co-occurring issues and challenges such as addiction, trauma, and homelessness.
Vision: For sexually exploited women and girls to know there is a way out.
Mission: To provide comprehensive individualized support and safe housing to women and girls age 16 and over exiting sexual exploitation and sex trafficking so that they may transform their lives.
Description of Role:
Supports the Board in meeting its financial oversight responsibility by providing recommendations based on financial expertise and experience of the Committee members, thorough review of financial information and engagement of external expertise when deemed necessary.
The Committee has the following duties and responsibilities:
• Oversight of financial position including annual budget, cash flow, financing options and investment options.
• Oversight of the relationship between management and the external auditor including selection, remuneration, report approval and dispute resolution.
• Oversight of financial statements including YTD and quarterly reports, accounting principles, and internal controls.
• Oversight of other financial information including funder’s requirements, authority limits and insurance coverage.
Energetic, professional and proactive individual, with a CPA designation, 5-10 years of professional accounting/finance experience, 5+ years of leadership experience and proven skills in the areas above, plus a strong commitment to bettering the lives of women exiting sexual exploitation and/or sex trafficking.
Interest in working towards the Treasurer position on the Board of Directors.
2 Years or More
More search results
Robert Half Canada
Auditor 3, Compliance Audit
HEARTS: Helping Everyone Access Resources Through Support
Volunteer Accountant to Act as Auditor
Calgary Multicultural Centre
Financial Audit Professional / Professionnel de l…
Office of the Auditor General of Canada