Volunteer Treasurer for Charitable Organization
- The Rock Breakfast Outreach
- 11016 96th St. Edmonton
- unpaid volunteer position
- Job Industry
- Not-for-profit and Charitable Organizations
- Job Category
- Job Type
"The Rock Lutheran Inner City Society" is more commonly known as "The Rock Breakfast Outreach" and is fondly known by our clients as simply "Breakfast Club". We serve on average about 300 free breakfasts each morning on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays year-round to Edmonton's needy men, women and children. We are a Christian faith-based organization dedicated to helping people with a hot breakfast, encouraging words and a safe, friendly environment. We have a need for a volunteer Treasurer to join our team. We are located at 11016 96th St. Edmonton, but much of the Treasurers work can be done remotely.
- Review the accounting input, do adjustments as required.
- Make sure payroll deductions are paid to Receiver General.
- Make sure bank reconciliation is done, review deposits to track Cash Flow.
- Make sure Sub Ledger accounts = General Ledger accounts.
- Prepare various reports and forms as required throughout the year
- Prepare quarterly board financial package.
- Review database input and reconcile to GL.
- Fill in and file Annual Registered Charity Information Return [Federal] by June 30th..
- File the Society Annual Return [Alberta].
- Review insurance coverage for comprehensiveness
- Prepare GST rebate form.
- Prepare or assist Treasurer in preparing budget for next year.
- Review cut off of December receipts and expenses.
- Prepare, balance and issue T4s.
- Prepare, balance and issue tax receipts.
- Prepare records for audit review.
- October to March: 2 or 3 days for a few weeks, or the year-end work could be spread out.
- April to September: some weeks with no hours and others with 3 to 7 hours.
- Must be experienced in charity sector accounting, or have CPA designation, or be working toward it.