CPA Articling Student William Dale Somerville Professional Corporation (WDSPC)
Location - Edmonton, Alberta
Start Date – Immediate with registration in the CPA education program as soon as practicable.
WDSPC is a Pre-Approved Program Provider registered with CPA Alberta. We have registered Mentors to assist you in the CPA Professional Education Program and make sure you develop the necessary skills while articling.
The firm has been operating in Edmonton for over 35 years, providing clients with advisory, taxation, assurance and accounting services. We are a team (of nine) that works together to meet client needs. Input from all team members is welcome and appreciated before, during and after each engagement or project.
We provide real, client based, practical work experience including the preparation of:
- Compilation and review engagements from start to finish;
- Audit engagements with the assistance of senior professional team members;
- Financial statements and disclosures, including in-depth proof reading;
- Personal tax returns during the T1 season;
- Client letters;
- Income tax returns at various levels; and
Communicating with our Clients to obtain information on various engagements as well as other related responsibilities, as assigned.
In all cases you will be supervised in the course of your duties by a senior member of the team to ensure compliance with the firm's quality control guidelines and fulfillment of the firm's obligation under the CPA Professional Education Program to you, the student.
- Business degree with major in Accounting
- Eligibility for enrollment in the CPA – Professional Education Program
- Ability to learn new skills and technology quickly
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to get along with others in a team environment
- Above average verbal and written English language communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Strong work ethic, excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Some working knowledge of bookkeeping software (Sage, QuickBooks, Xero, etc.).
If you possess the prerequisites above, please submit your Curriculum Vitae, a cover letter and a copy of your transcripts in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that all candidates meeting the requirements will receive a reply.
Those selected for an interview will be contacted to set up an interview.
Your Curriculum Vitae, cover letter and transcript copies will be destroyed if you are not scheduled for an interview.
Thank you for participating in this process.
More search results
Robert Half Canada
Auditor 3, Compliance Audit
HEARTS: Helping Everyone Access Resources Through Support
Volunteer Accountant to Act as Auditor
Calgary Multicultural Centre
Financial Audit Professional / Professionnel de l…
Office of the Auditor General of Canada