Volunteer Board Member
- Gray House Guild
- Job Industry
- Not-for-profit and Charitable Organizations
- Job Category
Description of Charity/Foundation:
The Gray House Guild (GHG) is a voluntary, non-profit, non- denominational society which has owned and operated the Allen Gray Continuing Care Centre(AGCCC) in Mill Woods since 2002. It offers long term care in a uniquely designed facility with 156 care beds, 17 lodge suites, an Adult Day Support Program, and a Child Development Centre.
The Guild is committed to ensuring that each resident has the opportunity to experience their best quality of life while at the AGCCC by maintaining a homelike, respectful, and supportive environment for residents and families.
One of the roles of The Guild is to raise funds for equipment and enhanced programs for the comfort of the residents.
A Board of Management is in place to oversee the operations of the AGCCC to ensure the best quality of care for our residents. It is comprised of voluntary members from the community with varied expertise from engineering, finance, law, health care, and human resources.
The Guild is inviting new members from the community to fill the slate of 12 directors.
Description of Role:
The term for a position on the Board is three (3) years with the possibility of reappointment for two (2) more terms. Dinner meetings are held monthly for approximately 1.5 hours each. Some committee work and attendance at a few events is also expected.
Ideally, the director should:
- have leadership, organizational, and communication skills.
- have an understanding of governance and strategic planning in the non-profit sector
- have experience in either business processes, legal matters, or finance
- have some knowledge of issues affecting residents in long term care
- have some talents for fundraising
- be willing to submit for a police/security check
- be willing to sign a Code of Confidentiality
To become a member of the AGCCC Board of Management, please submit an up to date CV and an expression of interest in serving on the Board. The Guild will contact you for an interview.
2 Years or More