Sproule, a leading global energy consulting firm, is seeking a Senior Accountant with at least 10 years’ experience, with a history of increasing roles and responsibilities, to join the accounting team. The successful candidate will adhere to generally accepted accounting principles (GAPP) and reporting requirements and perform professional, complex accounting work. Extensive knowledge of accounting principles is required.
As Senior Accountant you will plan and administer a variety of accounting functions including:
- Managing the accounting system
- Maintain the general ledger including postings and reconciliations
- Preparing income statements, balance sheets, cash flow forecasts
- Manage monthly tax compliance and online banking for all entities
- Compute and analyze financial statements and other reports as requested by management
To succeed, candidates must possess the following combination of education, experience and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree and CPA designation or working towards the designation.
- Significant financial and management accounting experience; preferably experience with IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards) financial reporting, as well as financial analysis.
- Proven experience working with Microsoft GP. Specifically, the Project Accounting module within GP or similar project accounting software.
- Experience preparing corporate tax provisions, reviewing tax returns for accuracy and GIFI statements for corporations, partnerships and trusts.
- Helping prepare and manage consolidation and combination of multiple entities in various currencies.
- Strong computer skills and the ability to help lead the operational side of the implementation of accounting software upgrades and modifications to reporting precipitated by corporate restructurings/acquisitions on an ongoing basis.
- Help lead the external audit process, especially with respect to preparing notes to the financials and data gathering/reporting.
- Ability to build and maintain good relationships with peers, partners and individuals at all levels in a diverse and inclusive organization.
- A creative thinker who can manage the integrity of the accounting system as well as helping manage those around them.
- A collaborative team player with demonstrated professional maturity and judgment, able to function as a contributing member of the finance team handling sensitive situations with diplomacy, tact and high ethical standards.
This position will work out of Sproule's offices located in downtown Calgary. If you are interested in a career with a difference, please apply by submitting a cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with Senior Accountant in the subject line.
Working at Sproule
The Sproule team are problem solvers, creative thinkers, engineers and builders focused on solving client challenges. Working at Sproule is a demanding and rewarding career for those who are up to the challenge. Professionals join our organization in many different capacities: as client-facing consultants, regional experts and technical professionals, or in important internal roles such as human resources, information services, and finance.
Sproule is a global energy consulting firm providing technical and commercial knowledge to help clients discover value from energy resources around the world. Sproule is anchored by deep geoscience, engineering and operational expertise combined with a strong commercial understanding of energy markets. We help exploration and production companies, financial institutions, and governments accurately characterize subsurface opportunities and increase shareholder confidence through independent economic evaluations of resources.
Sproule is headquartered in Calgary, Canada, and has offices in Brazil, Mexico, and Netherlands. Come, be part of the energy.
More search results
Robert Half Canada
Auditor 3, Compliance Audit
HEARTS: Helping Everyone Access Resources Through Support
Volunteer Accountant to Act as Auditor
Calgary Multicultural Centre
Financial Audit Professional / Professionnel de l…
Office of the Auditor General of Canada