- Job Industry
- Job Category
- Accounting and Finance
- Job Type
The Accountant, Private Loan Servicing is responsible for the day to day operations related to providing accounting and administrative operational support for the Private Loan Servicing area and Private Mortgage group. This includes recording financial information, initiating transactions, preparation of accurate and timely documents, financial reports and statements as required and ensuring that appropriate internal controls are complied with. The Accountant will also effectively cross train with the other members in the group to ensure business continuity. The position will work closely with our internal clients including Private Mortgage, Private Investment Operations, Business Technology and others to ensure that all accounting, reporting and other operational requirements are addressed. These requirements include, but are not limited to the creation, development and maintenance of various reconciliations, month-end reporting, operational procedures and periodic checklists.
Reporting to the Manager, Private Loan Servicing, the Accountant will assist in maintaining mortgage loan data for reporting purposes and possible systems improvements to programs and adaptations for organizational changes that occur from time to time.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Set up new investments as required in SimCorp Dimension (SCD) and/or Precision Loan Management (PLM).
- Coordinate with internal and external parties for mortgage funding. Collect backup documents including notices, wire information, approvals to support transactions.
- Process capital calls and distributions for private mortgages on a timely basis, for example, fund transfer documents, external payment notices.
- Record transactions in the various systems including SCD and PLM for accounting purposes.
- Ensure financial transactions and records are recorded and maintained in compliance with accepted policies and procedures.
- Ensure funding deadlines and financial reporting deadlines are met.
- Perform bank balance reconciliations for applicable bank accounts on a daily basis. Investigate and fix any bank variances/cash breaks. Prepare financial and reconciliation reports.
- Implement and comply with internal control procedures.
- Point of contact for Private Loan Servicing manager and Private Mortgage group – inquiries, settlements, reconciliations, transactions, financial statement preparation.
- Work with internal auditors to verify proper controls are in place and to ensure the validity and accuracy of data.
- Prepare external audit confirmations.
- Prepare mortgage term sheets and commitment letters.
- Responsible for any ad hoc projects as requested by the manager.
- Performing ad-hoc tasks requested by the manager or internal clients.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Undergraduate degree with major in Accounting or Finance is required. Understanding and working knowledge of accounting frameworks (GAAP).
- 2 – 5 years professional work experience.
- Experience in mortgage loans and servicing industry, financial services industry or with construction loan administration and accounting would be an asset. Candidates with or working towards their professional designation (CPA) would be preferred.
- Knowledge of SimCorp Dimension or Precision Loan Management is an asset.
- Intermediate or advanced skill with Microsoft Excel is required.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and strong interpersonal skills including interacting with different internal and external parties.
- Strong multitasking and organizational skills. Ability to deal with complex issues in a fast-paced environment with a focus on team work, project management and ability to manage changing requirements.
- Superior analytical thinking and problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify information directly related to the solution and present and communicate clear, effective and viable recommendations for improvement.
Standard Hours of Work: 36.25 per week.
Final candidates will be asked to undergo a security screening, which includes a credit bureau and a criminal record investigation, the results of which must be acceptable to AIMCo.
For more information visit http://www.aimco.alberta.ca/careers.
We thank all applicants in advance; however, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
More search results
Robert Half Canada
Auditor 3, Compliance Audit
HEARTS: Helping Everyone Access Resources Through Support
Volunteer Accountant to Act as Auditor
Calgary Multicultural Centre
Financial Audit Professional / Professionnel de l…
Office of the Auditor General of Canada