Senior Analyst, Valuations
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Private Investment Valuations, the Senior Analyst, Private Investment Valuations, will be responsible for activities that support the valuation and analysis for an assigned portion of private investments. The successful candidate will also assist in identifying and implementing strategic initiatives that promote continuous improvement in valuation policies, procedures, and processes.
Additional Duties Include:
- Ensuring day-to-day, quarterly, and year-end private investment valuation activities are completed accurately, efficiently, and in compliance with policies and procedures.
- Managing the execution of valuation projects.
- Carrying out pre-investment reviews of investment opportunities pursued by investment teams and ensure that proposed post-closing information and reporting will be sufficient to carry out valuation analysis in compliance with AIMCo policies.
- Collaborating with investment, asset management, and operations teams to maintain ongoing information flow and knowledge of significant portfolio developments affecting valuation.
- Assist in determining appropriate valuation approaches, prepare valuation models and recommendation memorandums for presentation to the Valuation Committee.
- Providing clear communication to Senior Manager/Director of progress and/or issues that arise during day-to-day activities and over the course of valuation projects.
- Managing the day-to-day interaction and information flows with external firms engaged to provide valuation reports, and act as the primary reviewer of externally prepared reports.
- Assisting in the design and implementation of AIMCo’s valuation policies, procedures and standards by identifying and communicating areas for improvement.
- Assisting in providing training, development, and mentorship of more junior private investment valuation staff with respect to valuation standards, practices and internal control requirements to ensure the execution of effective and efficient valuation processes.
- Acting as a subject matter expert for private investment valuations as required, maintain current awareness of trends and developments in the valuations field in order to provide opinions when required on appropriate accounting treatment and valuation approach for new investments.
Our Ideal Candidate
- A professional accounting, finance, or valuation designation is required (eg. CPA, CFA, CBV).
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- Enrollment or demonstrated interest in pursuing a second professional designation.
- 3+ years of experience working with private investments which could include investing, valuation, and/or due diligence in respect of private investments.
- Sound understanding of both IFRS and valuation theory across diverse products or industries.
- Familiarity with Bloomberg, Capital IQ, and FINCAD would be an asset.
Note: Final candidates will be asked to undergo a security screening, which includes a credit bureau and a criminal record investigation, the results of which must be acceptable to AIMCo.
We thank all applicants in advance; however, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
For investment highlights and company updates follow AIMCo on LinkedIn.
For more information and to apply, visit the careers section of AIMCo's website at: http://www.aimco.alberta.ca