Asset Management Accountant
- North American Construction Group
- Acheson, AB
- Job Industry
- Oil & Gas/Mining Services
- Job Category
- Accounting and Finance
- Job Type
The Asset Management Accountant Level is responsible for the accounting and analysis of regional shops, maintenance revenue and assistance with an annual audit and internal controls testing. The role works closely with internal departments to ensure the accurate capture of expense and revenue transactions in compliance with United States Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (“US GAAP”), internal controls, policies, and procedures. It manages the monthly, quarterly, and annual close processes, coordinates with auditors, and prepares analysis for internal and external reporting requirements.
NAEPI financials are publically listed and are prepared in accordance with US GAAP with common shares traded on the New York stock Exchange and the Toronto Stock Exchange. NAEPI is a CPA Alberta Pre-Approved Program for practical experience.
- Perform month end and quarter end closing activities including cost and revenue accruals, variance investigation, open PO analysis, margin analysis, and reconciliation of applicable balance sheet accounts.
- Maintain accounting records for regional shops and external maintenance, ensuring accuracy of costs and revenue in compliance with US GAAP and internal policies and procedures.
- Preparation of documentation and communicating with auditors during quarter end reviews and year end audits.
- Support divisional activities for both internal and external reporting including preparation and maintenance of accounting documentation and reports.
- Implement a program of continual process improvements.
- Month-end, quarter-end and year-end reporting ensuring review and analysis of financial results for the shops.
- Assist Fleet Management in the preparation of the annual operating and capital budgets and forecasts.
- Develop and maintain controls and procedures in compliance with company policies.
- Oversee the setup and maintenance of operations and shops.
- Participate in maintenance meetings to provide guidance and feedback to ensure compliance with processes, policies and procedures.
- Provide coaching and training to various staff members to ensure a good working level.
- Support other special projects and perform ad hoc analysis and reporting as required.
- Related Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience related to financial accounting.
- Actively enrolled in a CPA or CFA.
- Minimum three years’ experience related to financial accounting, cost accounting and analysis.
- Industrial construction and/or mining experience including Fixed Asset accounting preferred.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to think from multiple perspectives.
- Mature attitude and ability to deal effectively in a team environment.
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks under tight timelines in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with the direct managers and other stakeholders.
- Solid accounting and SOX knowledge.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Experience with JD Edwards is considered an asset.
- Intermediate to advanced user of Microsoft Excel.