Senior Finance Decision Support Analyst
At Sovereign Insurance, we believe your experience matters. This is our promise to not only our clients but to our employees as well, because we know the strength of our company starts with our people. The smart, curious and collaborative people who bring their whole heart and passion to work each day. But you can’t pour from an empty cup; we take care of the well-being of our people so that they are inspired to protect Canadian businesses and the lives, families and communities we impact. Join us and begin shaping your experience at Sovereign.
Our Finance Decision Support team is looking for a Senior Finance Decision Support Analyst to join our team in Calgary. Our knowledgeable team educates and influences the organization to make well-informed, risk-based decisions. We think innovatively and strategically to solve business problems and strive to move our business forward to ensure organizational success.
What you’re responsible for:
- Providing consultative services to support decisions made by internal business units and senior management through the use of reporting and the analysis and interpreting of data.
- Analyze and interpret data as part of monthly and quarterly reporting processes.
- Performing variance and trend analysis and provide recommendations for improvement for management.
- Support the annual planning process.
- Applying advanced Accounting knowledge to assist with ad-hoc Accounting tasks, policy research, implementation of new Accounting standards and training.
What to expect:
- Detail oriented work that requires a high degree of mental concentration for extended periods of time.
- You will be subject to a Criminal Record and Consumer History background check as a condition of employment, in the event you are the successful candidate.
To be successful:
- You thrive on delivering our exceptional client experience through positive and engaging relationships; embracing accountability to achieve effective results.
- You ensure your day to day actions are in harmony with the company’s purpose, vision, and values even when challenged.
- You will support and guide others through changing conditions and encourage the exploration of new opportunities or innovations.
- You value cooperative and collaborative dialogue because diverse perspectives offer more creative and productive solutions.
To join our team:
- Post-Secondary Degree in a related discipline.
- Professional Accounting designation such as CPA or equivalent would be an asset.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Insurance.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Accounting.
What we offer:
- The opportunity to take on challenging work and contribute your expertise, creativity, and passion in meaningful ways.
- A comprehensive total rewards package, including competitive salary, bonus, paid time off, pension and benefits.
- A holistic approach to your well-being, with physical and mental health programs and flexible work options.
- The opportunity to work on an inclusive team who inspire each other to explore and achieve what’s possible.
- An organizational commitment to sustainability and charitable giving; positively impacting the social, environmental and economic well-being of Canadian businesses, families and communities.