Volunteer Board Treasurer required for non-profit society. The term for a position on the Board is three years with the possibility of reappointment for one more term. You will be joining a Board whose members are myeloma patients or caregivers.
Brief summary of Treasurer duties includes:
- attend 7-9 Board meetings in the year, 1-2 hours each, on a week day evening in Edmonton;
- prepare December 31 year end financials, financial books of the society are audited annually;
- prepare budget for review by Board in December;
- prepare and submit Alberta society annual return;
- prepare and submit annual report to the AGLC related to the use of Casino funds and balance of the Casino account;
- prepare and submit requests to the AGLC for use of Casino funds as required;
- write cheques as required, two signatures required;
- attendance at annual walk/run event in July, 3rd Saturday
- attendance at Annual General Meeting, first Saturday in February.
- Work with Assistant Treasurer who is responsible for picking up mail, tracking income & expense during the year, making deposits at the bank and submitting donations
The Myeloma Alberta Support Society, based in Edmonton, provides support, education and promotes awareness, research and advocacy for myeloma patients and caregivers (including family and friends) in Edmonton, as well as central and northern Alberta. Myeloma is an incurable type of blood cancer.
We have an annual walk/run event in July for the purpose of raising funds for myeloma research at the University of Alberta and Cross Cancer Institute. In July 2018, there were 263 registered participants and over $100,000 was raised.