Visions Electronics Limited Partnership (“Visions”) is a privately owned, national retail chain operating primarily in the consumer electronics and appliance sectors. Visions has 42 retail stores plus a Web-Store. The Head Office is located in Calgary, Alberta. Further general information on Visions can be obtained at www.visions.ca.
Reporting jointly to the Chairman and the President & CEO the Candidate will have excellent technical and management skills and the ability to communicate and work effectively with a wide range of finance, administrative and operating personnel.
The Candidate will ideally have at least ten (10) years post-qualification CPA (CA, CMA, CGA) experience, preferably in a multi-store retail or similar environment.
Responsibilities Will Include:
- Manage all Finance and related functions;
- Ensure that all internal and external financial, tax and similar reporting is performed on a timely and accurate basis;
- Work closely with the Chairman and the President & CEO to develop and implement the operating and strategic plans;
- Manage the annual operating and capital budgets including related interim forecasting and working capital management;
- Manage the annual audit cycle;
- Manage Visions’ banking relationships including all related technology platforms;
- Assist with negotiating and controlling commercial contracts including long term real property leases, supplier contracts, etc.
- Ensure effective internal controls are in place.