One Temporary, Full-Time Position (Up to 18 months).
Capital Power Corporation is currently seeking an innovative and results-oriented individual to join our Commodity Portfolio Reporting team.
The Financial Analyst, Commodity Portfolio Reporting, is accountable for accounting, settlement and reporting requirements pertaining to merchant trading activities, which can include, but may not be limited to; power, environmental, natural gas and other trading related activities as well as any hedging requirements pertaining to such and other duties as assigned.
Key accountabilities include:
- Completes accounting and analysis of trading activities, which may include hedging requirements to meet monthly reporting deadlines; executes accounting, reporting and settlement processes subject to Manager review and in adherence to Company policies.
- Reviews contracts with new trading counterparties to ensure payments and invoicing coincide with contracts; may participate in ad hoc analysis projects as required.
- Maintains knowledge of trading activities occurring within the Commodity Portfolio Management (CPM) group, and how to properly record, accrue, analyze and settle transactions and results. Also maintains updated documentation around the accounting, reporting and settlement processes which may include process around hedge accounting.
- Provides limited input into Allegro and Oracle reporting, including providing feedback on areas to improve efficiency.
- Provides input related to system upgrades and changes as a result of participation in testing of any system modifications impacting settlements, accounting and reporting within the Commodity Portfolio discipline.
- Ensures an understanding of the accounting, reporting and settlement processes within the work team and uses that understanding to suggest process improvements or identify areas that represent an opportunity for improvement.
- Ensures documentation and settlement process adheres to CSOX requirements.
- Assists with deliverables associated with quarter-end reviews and the year-end audit.
- Maintains and ensures completeness of detailed checklist for monthly/quarterly/year-end requirements.
- Supports any change initiatives impacting their work team by incorporating changes into their own day-to-day processes.
- Adheres to HSE procedures/rules and standards.
- Maintains a working rapport with both internal and external parties, including responding to inquiries in a timely, professional and accurate basis. Work with our internal business partners to support their business needs, which may include but not limited to CPM, Tax, Financial Reporting, Accounts Payable and Receivable teams.
- Exhibits professionalism in the workplace; supports personal development as well as peer development through a willingness to participate in cross training within the Commodity Portfolio Reporting team.
- Completed 2-year Post –Secondary Diploma (or equivalent) in accounting, working towards or have a professional accounting designation will be considered an asset.
- 4-6 years of directly related experience.
- Proficiency with MS Office suite of applications. Previous experience with Oracle or trade settlement applications (e.g. Allegro) are considered assets.
- Normal office role, minimal travel required.
Hours of Work: 7.5 hours per day, 37.5 hours per week
Union: CSU52 - T2
TO APPLY ON THIS JOB, PLEASE GO TO www.capitalpowerjobs.com and look for posting IRC7408