Join a vibrant outdoor centric community filled with trails and breathtaking nature along the winding river valley of Red Deer, in Central Alberta. Red Deer is an economically dynamic region of Alberta situated directly between Edmonton and Calgary along the vital QE 2 corridor. It is a perfect blend of small town friendliness and big city conveniences. Host to the 2016 Memorial Cup and the 2019 Canada Winter Games, Red Deer continues to welcome all of Canada with open arms.
The City of Red Deer is currently seeking the right person to fill the Permanent Full-time position of Operations Analyst. This position provides analytical, systems, business process and financial support to the organization through the Revenue and Assessment Services department which includes the operations of the Corporate Accounts Receivable or Assessment and Taxation area. This position requires the ability to utilize past exposure to business environments to successfully manage multiple priorities, including the review, research and analysis of existing processes, systems and procedures, the development and implementation of new initiatives and business processes, the evaluation and development of internal controls and corporate policy and procedure and the ability to interpret, apply and draft complex bylaw/legislation. Reconciliation, analysis and decision making based on complex corporate financial and taxation data is necessary. Project development and leadership, reporting and presentations to senior management, committees and City Council is required. An analytical nature, exceptional communication skills, proven leadership, superior critical thinking, demonstrated project management, strong problem solving and effective persuasion skills are essential in this role. This is largely a self-directed position and requires the incumbent to take initiative, seek opportunities, exercise professional judgment, develop strong working relationships and work independently. Decisions made in this role have impact across the department, organization, on City Council and the public.
As our preferred candidate, you will have:
- Professional accounting designation and a university degree with a focus in business, accounting or project management. Equivalent education and experience may be considered.
- Six years’ progressively related experience in a sophisticated and integrated system environment preferably in a large organization, with a strong knowledge of business models, decision making tools, accounting principles, financial and management systems and business processes.
- Demonstrated experience in the following areas:
- project management including coordination and leadership of multi-disciplinary teams
- business process development and documentation
- development and monitoring of internal controls
- risk and gap analysis, critical thinking and evaluation of complex concepts
- formal report preparation, including financial impact analysis and evaluation and recommendation of alternatives
- proficiency in MS Excel and MS Word. Familiarity with MS Access, MS Powerpoint and MS Outlook
- proven aptitude for understanding software system configurations and operations.
What we offer:
In addition to the competitive wage of $45.52 to $47.91 per hour and an excellent benefits package, we offer a great work environment with a dynamic and dedicated team of likeminded professionals.
If you think this is the job for you, come build your career with The City of Red Deer.
We welcome applications until March 22, 2019.