Senior Accountant - Small Business Enterprise
Crowe MacKay LLP is a vibrant team of Chartered Professional Accountants with nine offices across Northern and Western Canada. We believe strong relationships are the cornerstone to success and strive to create innovative solutions for our clients. Crowe MacKay LLP is built on a foundation of diverse talent, delivering expert advice across a spectrum of industries and organizations.
Crowe MacKay LLP is excited to grow our team and is currently seeking a Senior Accountant to join our Calgary office. The successful candidate will report to the Partners and will be a career-focused individual that is excited to join a growth-oriented, entrepreneurial firm. This individual will be an integral part of our continued growth.
Our Calgary office is made up of audit, entrepreneurial services, not-for-profit accounting and tax services practice areas. Our primary objective is to provide a wide range of accounting and consulting services to a diverse client group. We are a dynamic firm with a commitment to creating an environment for success, both for our team and our clients.
While all professionals see a variety of work in the Calgary office, this role will be focused in the small business and tax areas of the practice.
Primary duties will include:
- Analyzing and preparing personal, trust, corporate tax, GST, T4 and T5 returns including CRA audit and support requests.
- Develop solutions with clients and co-workers through collaborative effort and discussion.
- Provide support to clients and staff on general questions regarding accounting, taxation, operations and financial accounting issues.
- In conjunction with and under the supervision of management, responsible for completion of all aspects of an engagement.
- Ability to prepare, complete and review working papers, financial statements and tax returns according to Firm and regulatory standards for clients in a variety of industry segments.
- Build effective working relationships with clients, and actively participate in business development through community involvement.
Qualifications and Personal Attributes
- Professional designation CPA (or legacy CA, CMA, CGA);
- 2-3 years of public accounting experience;
- xcellent working knowledge of accounting standards;
- Excellent analytical & problem solving skills;
- An innovative thinker, comfortable in a team and client-focused environment;
- Strong commitment to excellence and attention to detail;
- Community focused;
- A team player who encourages the success of all;
- Self-starter, able to work independently;
- Takes ownership of assigned work, drives engagements to completion, and takes initiative to share the workload of the team;
- Strong interpersonal, technical and communication skills; and
- Knowledge of CaseWare, Taxprep, Microsoft Office, and small business bookkeeping platforms (QBO, Xero, Sage Cloud) considered an asset.
Want to join our Team? Send us your cover letter outlining why you believe you are our successful candidate along with a copy of your resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with Senior Accountant – Enterprise in the subject line. Crowe MacKay offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Please note, only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Crowe MacKay LLP is a member firm of Crowe Global, ranked as the eighth largest global accounting network, consisting of 220 independent accounting and advisory services firms in 130 countries around the world. Crowe Global member firms are known for their local knowledge, expertise and experience balanced by an international reputation for the highest quality of service.