Nanalysis is a global supplier of portable Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR) spectrometers for the laboratory instrumentation market. The NMReady-60™ is the first fully featured 60 MHz benchtop NMR spectrometer in a single compact enclosure requiring no liquid helium or any other cryogens. The NMReady-60 is used for all types of industrial applications (oil & gas, chemical, pharma, biotech, food science, atomic agencies) and is a category leader in the academic teaching and research markets. Recently, the company launched the NMReady-60PRO™, with multinuclear and heteronuclear 2D capabilities, this product is targeting researchers and industrial laboratories doing complex chemical analysis. The company has sold instruments in over 40 countries. Nanalysis has been awarded the prestigious Frost & Sullivan award in 2016 and 2018 as the Company of the Year in the Global Portable NMR sector.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Intermediate Accountant will be required to provide administrative support to the accounting department. Along with being organized, the ideal candidate holds great time management skills, the ability to multi task and enjoy taking on new and interesting challenges. The candidate will be able to think outside the box and question everything to ensure month end is completed most efficiently. This position will also assist with other projects as required and directed by the Chief Financial Officer.
Reporting directly to the Chief Financial Officer of the corporation, this role will require the following:
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of two years' applicable experience and enrolment in the CPA program
- Knowledge of QuickBooks Accounting and Microsoft Officer Suite including advanced Excel skills.
- Responsible for month-end close process (i.e. posting and reporting of journal entries, reconcile accounts and maintain general ledgers as per the month end schedule).
- Documents all processes, or improves current documentation, to facilitate the month-end close process and other accounting processes.
- Collaborates with the Chief Financial Officer to drive process improvement to ensure overall efficiency and effectiveness of the accounting team and its systems and processes.
- Working together with the Chief Financial Officer and third-party accounting firm to ensure complete and accurate quarterly and annual financial reporting.
- Assist with the development of other departments’ systems and processes to the extent that they interface with Accounting information requirements.
- Excellent organization skills with high attention to quality, detail, and accuracy.
- Able to meet priorities with strict deadlines.
- Oversee accounts payable duties involving prompt payment of bills and follow up on any queries as required
- Accounts receivable duties as required, ensuring complete accuracy and timely preparation of invoicing to clients. Follow up on any outstanding queries
- Backup Payroll and Administrative duties as required
- An exceptional positive attitude and team player mentality
- Exceptional verbal and written English communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- This position would receive a competitive compensation package and benefits.
To be considered all applicants MUST submit a cover letter with their resume indicating the following:
- Your hourly wage expectation
- Your goals and interest in Nanalysis Corp.