US Tax Analyst
Purpose of Role:
Contribute to the success of MEG Energy by providing Canadian and US tax advisory & compliance services and cross-border tax planning support to meet the demands of a growing business.
This position is full-time permanent. Working closely with the Tax Manager, the successful candidate will implement all aspects of MEG’s US tax strategy, planning and compliance, in addition to assisting with transfer pricing and Canadian tax strategy and compliance.
- Ensure compliance with US federal, state, sales & use tax, excise tax and other tax filings
- Research and advise on US transactions and US tax consequences of cross-border transactions
- Assist in the maintenance of transfer pricing documentations
- Assist with Canadian compliance and analysis
- Assist with contract review
- Liaise with tax authorities, internal stakeholders and external tax advisors
- Tax modeling and financial analysis
- Ad hoc projects as required
Skills and Knowledge:
- Proactive and able to work independently
- Strong analytical and communications skills
- Highly organized and able to prioritize projects to meet deadlines
- Able to deal with individuals at all levels of the organization and external advisors
- Professional accounting designation required
- Minimum of 5 years of corporate taxation experience; preference given to those with US corporate tax experience
MEG Energy is a Canadian oil sands company focused on sustainable in situ development and production in the southern Athabasca oil sands region of Alberta. MEG has a large, high-quality resource base – one that we believe holds some of the best in situ resources in Alberta. We are proud to develop and implement innovative technologies that efficiently maximize production while minimizing our environmental impact - an approach that is not only important to our stakeholders, but also to our team at MEG. These include our Diluent Removal Facility and proprietary HI-Q® technology. Our company is home to some of the industry’s top talent, boasting decades of experience that span nearly every thermal oil sands project developed in Alberta over the past 20 years. We hire individuals who share our commitment to excellence in all that we do and those who are passionate about responsible energy development.