Are you interested in entering the world of High Tech? If so, ICOM Productions is seeking a business-oriented and strategic controller who can manage all aspects of our day-to-day bookkeeping from our head office in Calgary. If you’re enthusiastic, passionate about what you do, self-motivated, approachable, and have a commitment to excellence, then this is the job for you.
As ICOM’s Controller with a wealth of knowledge about accounting operations, budgeting, forecasting, and developing policies and procedures, you’ll join our unique team of more than 50 highly creative people, including artists, writers, videographers, and more. As Canada’s premiere innovative learning company, ICOM uses cutting-edge technology, such as virtual reality and 360-degree video, to produce creative educational software programs for many Fortune 500 companies.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Performing all accounts payable transactions, including invoicing clients
- Posting and classifying daily accounts receivable transactions, preparing deposit slips, and maintaining accurate and comprehensive records of each day’s transactions
- Handling payroll information, including using standard services for payroll entry
- Reconciling monthly credit card statements
- Maintaining the general ledger
- Preparing monthly financial statements and reports for management
- Assisting in all areas of operation as requested by management
- Developing business processes and accounting policies
- Performing CFO-type activities to help evolve the business
- Performing other general office duties as needed
The ideal candidate has:
- A recognized accounting designation
- Effective problem-solving, time management, and organization skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all levels of the organization and business partners
- 2+ years proven accounting experience
- Advanced knowledge of accounting processes and controls
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks
What we offer
ICOM is an award-winning eLearning company, and it's our mission to challenge and inspire the world to learn differently. Our office is located on Stephen Avenue in the heart of downtown Calgary, close to public transportation and loads of amazing attractions. We have lots of great benefits, too, such as flexible work hours, a health-spending account, and a gym membership. Did we mention we also have a pool table? Sound like fun? That’s because it is.
If you’re worried you don’t have the necessary qualifications or experience, apply anyway. We don’t hire by the number of boxes you check. We hire people who care. If you are keen, you'll learn what you need to on the job. We're open to hearing from both full-time and part-time candidates for this position.