Royalty Compliance Analyst
PrairieSky Royalty holds the largest independently-owned portfolio of fee simple mineral title and other oil and gas royalty interests in Canada.
PrairieSky Royalty encourages third parties to actively develop its properties, while strategically seeking additional petroleum and natural gas assets that provide it with medium-term to long-term value enhancement potential.
The company is located in Calgary, Alberta, and trades on the TSX under “PSK”.
PrairieSky has an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated Royalty Compliance Analyst, a position that plays an important role increasing assurance of royalty compliance on PrairieSky’s Fee Lands.
This challenging role is multi-faceted and will appeal to an innovative team player with the ability to manage multiple monthly and project-based responsibilities and who can adapt to changing priorities. We are looking for a results-oriented candidate with a background in operational accounting and land.
This is a full-time position.
- Identify, monitor, and manage royalty payment issues. Communicate with stakeholders through to resolution.
- Maintain a close working relationship with PrairieSky’s Land Team, our lessees, and other stakeholders, corresponding effectively in a prompt and professional manner.
- Utilize information systems containing large volumes of data effectively to analyze issues (operating in Excel, Qbyte, LandRite, Petrinex, Access, Crystal Reports and other internal systems).
- Act as a resource for royalty information and related issues for internal and external stakeholders.
- Identify and implement opportunities for process improvement.
- Minimum 10 years’ relevant experience, preferably with a joint venture or joint interest focus in gas operations; and/or an accounting background.
- Post-secondary business education with special consideration given for an accounting designation.
- Working knowledge of royalty (freehold and overriding royalty) and land agreements (mineral leases, farmouts, etc.) would be an asset.
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Capacity to be a dedicated team player with strong communication skills to work jointly with multiple disciplines (land and accounting).
- Strong Excel (VLOOKUP, pivot tables) and Accumap (mapping, facilities, pipeline) skills; familiarity with systems such as LandRite, Petrinex and Qbyte.
Please forward a copy of your cover letter and resume to email@example.com