Accountant, Commodities & Marketing
SAF Group (“SAF”) is a Calgary based investment manager actively deploying capital in the energy, commodities, mining, and consumer products sector, with a focus on credit & equity structured investments. Since its formation in 2014, SAF has grown to approximately $2 billion in capital commitments and employs more than 20 people in Calgary, Vancouver and Toronto.
We are seeking an Accountant, Commodities & Marketing as a critical addition to our growing firm. Reporting to the SAF Group COO and the Commodities senior deal team, the ideal candidate will be a high energy individual with strong technical abilities and attention to detail.
- Reporting daily risk positions on the SAF Commodities trade book(s)
- Treasury, accounts receivable, and accounts payable process, oversight and reporting
- Maintain cash flow forecasts and optimize foreign exchange, collateral, draws/repayments of external debt, and equity
- Primary liaison between commercial, operations and accounts teams for cash management and reporting
- Perform month end entries and bank reconciliations for multiple entities
- Prepare monthly/quarterly reporting requirements for multiple entities
- Assist in the preparation of US GAAP quarterly and annual financial statements including notes to the financial statements and working with external auditors as necessary
- Other ad hoc accounting tasks as required
The following qualifications are considered critical:
- 3-5 years of accounting, commodities, and/or derivatives experience
- Excellent knowledge of accounting and financial processes (budgeting, reporting, etc.)
- Completion or working towards an accounting or finance designation (CPA or CFA)
- University degree in a business or accounting related field
- Proficiency in the use of Excel™, PowerPoint™, and Word™;
- Ability to work independently with limited guidance and manage multiple time sensitive tasks simultaneously;
- Above average work ethic, integrity, and motivation;
- Working knowledge of a variety of financial reporting standards including ASPE, IFRS and US GAAP;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a desire to be a team player.
The following would be considered an asset:
- Experience with QuickBooks Desktop and Online
- ETRM software experience (Allegro)
This is an exceptional opportunity for an energetic self-starter looking to build a career in a growing investment firm. The successful candidate will work in a challenging and fast paced environment which requires dedication, passion for industry, and an above average work ethic.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should e-mail a one-page resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the position title (“Accountant, Commodities & Marketing”) in the subject line by June 15, 2019. We appreciate your interest in this position, however, only applicants selected to participate in the interview process will be notified.