- Foothills Land Trust
- Job Industry
- Not-for-profit and Charitable Organizations
- Job Category
Description of Charity/Foundation:
Foothills Land Trust (FLT) is a local land trust that protects ecologically significant lands in Foothills County immediately southwest of Calgary. Protection is accomplished mainly through the placement of conservation easements on private lands; the easements run with title in perpetuity. 2018 was record year for FLT with the amount of land under its protection more than doubling.
Description of Role:
FLT is looking for a volunteer Treasurer who can strengthen and grow the Board’s expertise in this area. If you have a passion for landscapes and their protection, you will find this position very rewarding.
Main requirements are:
• Experience in accounting with not-for-profit organizations, particularly charities
• Experience with money management and investment portfolios
• Familiarity with deferred revenue and project accounting (much of which is non-cash)
• Experience with accounting software (Quick Books, Simply Accounting, etc.)
• The ability to work independently while being a vital part of a team of volunteers
• Residence in Foothills County is preferable, but not essential
• A time commitment of between 5 and 10 hours per week, which varies seasonally
A detailed description is available and is (hopefully) linked to this posting.
Please contact Sandy Bruce, Treasurer of FLT, at 403-949-2112 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more about this opportunity. Sandy has been Treasurer since 2011 and plans to remain on the Board in another capacity.
No specific certification required. Experience and the skills outlined above are critical..
Protection of landscapes; protection of the environment; a love of the outdoors; working with committed landowners; learning about conservation; achieving concrete results.
2 Years or More